Friday, May 18, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 ~ May ~


Hello all my friends!

Before I post my May tag, I would just love to mention that my April tag was chosen as a winner...! It was such fun to get a message from Belinda Basson on FB whilst I was away for the South African Scrapping Convention! Now I await my parcel containing my CC101 apron together with my gift from Mario...! But for now, on to May's tag...

          Tim's May tag...                                                  

Although there are many techniques and elements on this tag, I think Tim wanted to focus on the faux porcelain paper flowers that he created by dipping his flowers into melted UTEE. 

Now for this tag, the only element I had on hand was the hanger clip! There for I had to improvise all the other techniques and elements. I am quiet happy with the out come of my card, but will give the melted UTEE another go...Have a look at my card and judge yourselves whether I came close to the Masters tag...lol!


Not having sewing paper tissue, I used the next best thing, which was craft paper with sewing images on. I applied Picket Fence Stains and various colours of Distress Stains. I glued and crinkled a piece of tissue wrap onto the craft paper. The ribbon was a baby pink coloured ribbon that I also stained with Distress Stains.


                                                          

I used a dress form image from our local Celeb8 which I coloured with Pitch Black and Ginger Alcohol Inks. I also dusted some Pewter Perfect Pearls onto it...The red stamped image is from the Adverts Stamps.


 

Not having a melting pot, I wet the paper flowers with water, a tip from Belinda Basson, then dipped it into the UTEE and heated it. I repeated this three times. Personally I think I over killed them a little, twice would have been sufficient! My flowers were placed in an image of a beautiful clay pot!

That's it for today. I am still enjoying learning all the new techniques and ideas! Tomorrow I will have to work on Linda's new challenge at Studio L3...until a next time...I am saying Good Night!


4 comments:

  1. beautifull tag and what a great idea from Belinda. I'm gonna use that idea some times.
    Greeting from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag. Love the dressform you used. I love the way you made the flowers and the fun pot! (I got my apron the other day...Love it...I don't want to dirty it though..hmmm..I know, I am weird...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag Patricia. I like the tip about the UTEE, I must give that a try. Your flowers look so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful tag and love how you have put it together. will be back to visit more of your work again and have become your newest follower
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...