Thursday, June 7, 2012

Technique 8: Repurposed Packaging Tim Holtz: A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2, page 62

Good afternoon all...rushing in to make it on time this week for Linda's challenge at Studio L3... I really don't know why the week must fly by so quickly... I hardly get time to participate in Linda's challenges...Today I made two projects to demonstrate Tim's techniques from his book  A Compendium of Curiosities Vol II.

Here they are..



I cut the dress form with the Sewing Room Die, and to follow the rest of the technique, you will have to turn to page 62 of the book, for I am to respect Tim and not post the instructions on my blog... I did the back ground with Distress inks, the Spritz and Flick technique and I also stamped with Picket Fence Distress Stain.

 





The flower is made from chocolate wrappers, and yes I did eat the chocolates...could not let them go to waste now, could I? I sprayed them with Lyndy's Stampgang Moon Shadow Mist. The 'flowers' behind this one is packaging from mini brads that I bought.



This is the second one. I did some brush less water colouring on this one...one of the technique challenges that I missed...I used a La Blanche stamp and Distress Markers. 



Again, the instructions are on page 62...although I think it is quite clear what I did?



This is not a technique used in the book, but rather a tip from Creative Chemistry 101...After painting , I sealed the ink with some Micro Glaze...it protects the inks from smudging. I then sprayed some Biscotti Perfect Pearls on the card and it formed these beautiful droplets! They are unfortunately much better looking in real life!

That's it for now...thank you for visiting and have a pleasant day ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Love the tag, great idea with the hat and hair!
    No. 2 is gorgeous, love the background.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done with your packaging!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...