Thursday, June 14, 2012

Technique 9: Pocket Watch Tim Holtz: A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2, page 35 Sponsored by Simon Says Stamp

Winter finally got it's icy fingers into us this week since Saturday! And what better way is there to spend winters days  than scrapping? Not that I am getting much done...still missing my mojo a little bit, but it is slowly but surely getting better...It helps to visit my scrapping icons blogs and seeing that even the "big" names also have their down days...

I have dutifully bought my pocket watch for Linda's challenge hosted at Studio L3, and didn't really know what to do with it...I then got the idea to creatively 'marry' my two grunge idols...Tim Holtz and Donna Salazar. And Viola!!! it all came together. I think knowing that there is a gift certificate of  $25 from Simon Says Stamp on the line, might also have spurred on my creative juices!



I started my project of on some Zutter Corrugated board that I distressed with my Distrezz-it-All and inked with various Mixed Media Inx's. I  also painted some Vintage Photo Distress Crackle Paint onto it. The flower lace was added with some gesso and the flowers got some Rock Candy Crackle Paint. It was then painted with Mixed Media Inx's and spritzed with some Smootch Spritz. The Girlie Grunge label is cut from the Crafty Chronicle.




The pocket watch was painted with Alcohol Inks, then some Crackle Paint and another sweep of Alcohol Ink. The white Baubles from Tim's Idea-ology also got some Alcohol Ink.




I wish you could feel the texture that all the paint gave the lace flowers...it's grungy yummyness! Please click twice on the photo for a real good close up.




A close up of the pocket watch...







I filled the inside of the pocket watch with some card stock, lace and a wire flower, clock face and a chitchat from Tim. The little piece of flower on the left is made with Donna's Carnation Creation die. I even got some Fairy Dust Glitter in the flower as well.
I will also enter this for Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything goes _

I hope you like the outcome of this project...I actually had fun creating it!
To all my South African friends...keep warm and cosy...
To the lucky fishes who now have Summer...remember...pretty soon the roles will be reversed!!!

I leave you with a time less quote...

Whether we wake or we sleep,
Whether we carol or weep,
The Sun with his Planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time.
~Edward Fitzgerald


7 comments:

  1. This is an aboslute feast for the eyes Patricia. Incredibly beautiful with all those gorgeous details and techniques :) I salute you my friend :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is absolutely stunning! The lace and corrugated cardboard are wonderful and I'm in love with how you aged the watch frame with the crackle paint and alcohol inks! Really sensational outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece Patricia! Especially the alcohol ink and crackle finish on the watch. Absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece Patricia! Especially the alcohol ink and crackle finish on the watch. Absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly beautiful. You inspire me SO much xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, I love your use of corrugated card and lace. Your pocket watch is stunning and the texture on this piece is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...first, you have a new follower! Second, this is absolutely the BEST piece I've seen using this pocket watch....really!!! I had very little time to complete mine and wanted to do some sort of crackle on it, but I never imagined it looking like yours. I cannot take my eyes off your watch! It's miraculous! You have made your own technique on this, especially using the AO and crackle together. This is over the top fabulous!!!! You rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...