Thursday, August 29, 2013

~Inspire~

A canvas created with Lindy's Stampgang Mists...

I received 6 Gorgeous sprays and 3 delightful Embossing Powders from Tracey as a thank you gift after the DT call...and I decided to create a canvas incorporating all these products at once!

These are what I received...
The new Flat Fabio; Queen of Hearts Red and the new Starburst; Mad Hatter Mint ...
Alpine Ice Rose, Icy Primrose Gold, Frosted Forget-Me-Nots, VaVaVaVroom Violet
Two Tone Embossing Powders; Dessert Moon Turquoise, Spring Leaf Chartreuse, Terra Cotta Plum.

 ( As always...zoom in by double clicking...)


I opted to go the softer way on this canvas due to the colours...Just did not feel like messy and grungy was the way to display the pastels this time...I will explain the techniques used for the background at the end of the post.



On the frame I once again used the UTEE embossing as I did on the Photo Album...Just love the effect I get this way, and it's so much fun playing with the mists and UTEE...Here I used the Mad Hatter Mint Starburst...a lovely Green! The script was stencilled with Texture Paste and I used the three embossing powders on it. A tip...after sprinkling the powder on the paste, allow the paste to dry a bit before heating, the powder on first corner took forever to melt because the paste had to dry as well...
I painted the flourish with the Icy Primrose Gold Mist.



Look at the texture achieved with the UTEE and Mist...



The lovaly lace is from Tresore de Luxe... I coloured it as well with the Icy Primrose Gold. Three of the Petaloo flowers were coloured with Queen of Hearts Red mist.



I Die-cut three Butterlies, sprayed them with the Queen of Hearts Red and layered them. I have to say that I am not a lover of the colour red...but this is one of the loveliest reds I have come across! As it is a Flat Fabio, I decided to not add any other product in order to display the true colour of the mist. I did not take a close enough photo, but I did paint the antlers with the VaVaVaVroom Violet! I did want to use all the colours, but this one was just to vibrant to use more directly on the canvas....



Using the gold and green mists on the Prima Window gave it a lovely gilded look. I am going to send this as a gift to a friend...Hope she will enjoy the textures of the frame and the canvas...

~~~


I stumbled across this technique recently and would love to give credit...but I can not for the love of me remember who and were I saw it! Apology's there for, but thank you for sharing a great technique!
On my canvas I stamped with clear embossing ink and powder and heat set it with my heatgun.



I sprayed with Alpine Ice Rose, Frosted Forget-Me-Nots and Icy Primrose Gold. Here one can see the embossed flourishes...



This is the result after I ironed the embossing off. Simply place a piece of kitchen towel over the embossing and use an iron to heat and absorb the embossing...This leaves you with a beautiful distressed motif without the bulk or shine from the embossing...neat effect, don't you think?
~~~

Thank you once again for visiting my Blog...

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.
 It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. 
 We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  

~Albert Schweitzer~

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning canvas Patricia, your friend is lucky to receive it. I have never used UTEE but now I want to and love the embossing effect. Your work just gets better and better, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning canvas and I love the effect of the Utee and the mists... also really love the ironed off embossing... leaves a seriously cool effect... will have to give this a try...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing techniques, thanks for sharing with us, I am definitely gonna try the stamp/embossing technique, love the effect it gave. One again awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Patricia!!! Love that background technique and the Utee with the misting. Gorgeous colours, gorgeous design ... your friend is going to be thrilled. Amazing work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! LOve every inch of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, all the back ground details are amazing, and that lace is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous canvas Patricia! That background is just so stunning and soft! As always girl...you create with magic! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...