Tuesday, October 8, 2013

An Altered Vinyl LP for Tresors de Luxe

And here is my first project using those stunning laces and a Doily from my DT pakage from Tresors de Luxe.

I had to really get my designing hat on to decide what to create for my first project...The beautiful  Doily with the added Fabric Rosette is what spurred the idea of taking an old....very old...vinyl LP and alter it. Of course I got a lot of fleck from my two daughter aged 23 and 27 that they now will never be able to listen to the story of  'Nellie the clever Donkey' ever again...phefff...don't know how they want to listen to it any way as our LP player hasn't been working for decades anyway...lol!!!

{ Double clicking will give you an even closer view }

I gave the record a first coating of crackle medium, and once that was dried, followed with a cream Acrylic Paint. I cut a Doily from some Pion Papers in pink and backed it with a green Patterned Paper. 



I used two of the Venice Laces and cut them into separate Appliqué pieces and placed them on the record. I also added some tear shaped half pearls to the lace. I really love how one can make Appliqués from the laces to use them as individual pieces...



Just look at the soft Pink of this Venice Lace...




A close up of the cute flower Spray nestled between the laces...







My Prima Angel got a spray with Lindy's Stampgang Mist, Cocklebells Coral.



Some Prima flowers add a touch of Shabby Chicness to the project...



I did some masking with Texture Paste and Stampendous Aged Rose Embossing Enamel. Of course had a face slap moment when I started to heat the embossing enamel and found my record starting to warp and buckle from the heat...lol...Ended by heating the entire record and adding a lovely frilly touch to it...Imagine the wobbly comments of said daughters to this shape!!!

This then is my début as a Blogging member of the Tresors de Luxe Design Team...I will be back later in the month with some more goodness to share...
~~~













Whether we wake or we sleep,
Whether we carol or weep,
The Sun with his Planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time.
~Edward Fitzgerald~

3 comments:

  1. This piece is so amazing Patricia. I love that you used an old record for this, would never have known. I do hope you're going to put this up on display somewhere, it would be a shame to hide it away. It is absolutely exquisite!! I want one!!!!! LOL oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I think your record would have seen better days and looks much more decorative the way it is now.. beautiful laces, and love the gorgeous flowers and cherub on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo beautiful and elegant...the lace is just amazing!!! Stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...