Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Boy ~ LO for Tresors de Luxe

A hearty Hi to all my Blog friends!

Today I want to show a LO I made using several beautiful laces that I received from Lucy's Etsy shop, Tresor de Luxe, in my DT parcel for the month...

The photo's are of my son and my brother from way back when Francois was only about 3 and Mike must have been about 17 at that stage...The two of them were so close to each other and I often wonder how it would have been to see the two of them grow old together...Mike's untimely passing has left such a big void in Francois life.


For this page I used the following papers from Pion Design,
Silent Night: Winter
                                Nativity Scene
                  Tags



Did some hand stitching and paper folding and curling again. The clock is one of the new Prima Resin pieces.





Also did a little bit of stencilling with texture paste.



I absolutely love these Flower Embellishments from Tresors de Luxe...They are so Darling with their Ribbon Flower, Leaves, Twine, Grasses and some Beads...



The tiny piece of lace was left over from my previous project...Flowers are from Prima.



This must be my all time favourite from the shop! It is the most beautiful cluster of flowers and dangling vines, and look how pretty it is with the added half Pearls.




I cut this Piece of Ivory Venice Lace apart and used the top part as a border and placed the appliqués as elements on the page. 



I painted one of the appliqués with Tokreen to stiffen it and formed it into a Tussie Mussie for my Flower Embellishment. I inked it with a light blue ink and stuffed some fibres in it.



~~~
These are the products I used from the Tresors de Luxe Etsy Shop...



Rustic Ivory Shabby Chic Flower Embellishment
FL 029 



Ivory Venice Lace
LA 020



Ivory Venice Lace
LA 025




Ivory Venice Lace
LA 019

Please feel free to visit the shop...Lucy has the most astonishing range of Laces, Fabric Flowers and has also added glorious Rhinestone and Pearl / Crystal Brooches to add sparkle to your projects. Me and the rest of the Design Team would also love a visit from you at the Tresors de Luxe Blogspot...

Till next time, thank you for your visit and also thank you in advance to those leaving me a kind word...it is always much appreciated!


A child who does not play is not a child, 
but the man who does not play 
has lost forever the child who lived in him.  
~Pablo Neruda~

5 comments:

  1. Your imagination is fantastic and on show in this fine project! Love it! Thank you for sharing. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so beautiful.. those laces are exquisite love the way they fall down the page.. lovely design too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout Patricia and a wonderful memory for your son. I am so sorry that your brother was taken so young. It is never right or fair, but this is also a beautiful tribute to him. I love all your layers and all that lace... so much to look at I can't take it all in in one go... pinned it for further perusal and inspection ;) I love your work... you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your work Patricia and this is one of my faves now I think. What a beautiful tribute to your brother. It is always so sad to lose loved ones but they do live on in our memories and this gorgeous page will help your son to remember him too. There is so much to see on this page and it is so beautifully put together, you can see the love that went into it. Super, super gorgeous!! As Val says ... you rock!!! oxox



    Totally exquisite!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning Patricia...and as always you have so many wonderful details! That lace is just to die for! ;-) Love the photo's too and is certainly a heartfelt reminder of times gone by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...