Monday, January 27, 2014

Moment Captured...Jan sketch for Scraps of Elegance.

Hello Blog friends...

How are you all doing? I am back on-line after Saturday evening's horrific storm that we had, resulting in no internet yesterday and also much cleaning up in the garden to do. The most heartbreaking part was having to clean up one of our 24 year old trees that was blown over by the winds....it was like saying goodbye to an old friend! We planted that tree just before the birth of my youngest daughter who turned 24 a few weeks ago...Driving through town showed many up rooted trees and broken branches, it feels as if our storms this year are certainly intensifying in strength and size...not something we are used to at all...

But enough chit chat from me...I want to show my page that I made using the January kit and sketch by Suepup for Scraps of Elegance...


Using Kaisercraft; Key to my Heart paper and stickers to scrap this photo of daughter Chantelle and my paternal Grandmother Agnes way back in 1986 when Oma came for a visit and I saw her again for the first time since immigrating to South Africa when I myself was only 5 years old...



I found the Clara flower from Prima to be a perfect fit for Oma's dress!!!



This is another Embroidery shape from Tilla Daydream by docrafts...they are so sweet and adorable...got another one left for a project...On the background paper I did some stamping and also some stencil work using Pink Grapefruit Acrylic Glaze Silks from LuminArte..



A Bellas flower from Prima...and some lace trim from Ruby Rock-It.



More stamping, stencilling and masking using the mask in the kit from Magenta.



A butterfly sticker from the sticker sheet got a painting with the Silks...A tip if you want to handle and fold the sticky images from a sticker sheet...give the sticky side a dusting of Talcum Powder...it dries the backside making it possible to bent and handle the stickers. 

It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother, 
that's why the world calls her grandmother.
  ~Author Unknown~

Thank you for your visit...wishing you all a wonderful week...

~~~~~


4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Oh this is so beautiful.. I am not sure which element I love the best, but that photo certainly is very precious.. love the flowers and the doiley in the centre of the layout looks lovely too.. a very special layout.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again a beautiful page Patricia!!! Such a precious photo and you've showcased it to perfection. Love the colours and the textures. A magnificent page!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. capital S for stunning, striking and sensational , loving this Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page girl.....love the colouring and details of this page! Such a stunning photo too! Has that vintage feel to it, and is just perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...