Monday, February 17, 2014

A Card for Scrap Africa

And in the blink of an eye it is the middle of February already and time for another Scrap Africa challenge!!! Challenge 26  is "Chipboard with a Difference" and it means you need to use some chipboard on your layout, card or altered piece, but it cannot be left raw and must be altered. This challenge is hosted by the lovely Ada Nicholls.

This of course is a challenge to my heart as I absolutly love working with and altering chipboard! We also have some beautiful projects from our guest designers and for this month have the talented girls from 7 Dots Studio visiting us, sharing their take on our challenge...just go and have a look at the gorgeous projects they share with us!



I opted for a card this month using some papers From FabScrap, Marie Antoinette: Garden and Perfumes. My chipboard is from Dusty Attic, Rose Vine.



I layered and punched several of the paper sheets. I achieved the effect of the top one by embossing it with an embossing folder from Couture Creations: Waterfall. Before placing my paper, I inked the folder with clear embossing ink. After embossing, I covered the inked areas with Sticky Embossing Powder from Ranger. After heat setting, I sprinkled the sticky embossing with Pralines & Cream Fairy Dust Glitter from Clearsnap. This resulted in the embossed, raised areas being clear of glitter and the de-bossed areas being glittered...





Layering my chipboard pieces must be one of my al time favourite ways of altering my chipboard...and this is super easy to do! All it takes is to wet the chipboard, let it sit for a few minutes and gently separate the layers, now you can either form them by hand, or as in this case, heat the layers with a heat gun and have the petals curl naturally! Once completely dried I painted with several colours of Distress Paints, stamped and added some Crackle Paint on the flowers and leaves and a little Clear Rock Candy Stickles on the stems.







I added two layers of Tulle that I distressed with my Heat gun and added a little Bisque Liquid Pearls to...

I am looking forwards to seeing what  different techniques our entries will use to alter their chipboard's!!!
~~~
Flowers don't worry about how the're going to bloom. 
 They just open up and turn toward the light 
and that makes them beautiful.
 ~Jim Carrey~

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is fabulous Patricia!! I love the different techniques you used on your background and on the chippies. Will have to try some of these for myself ... they look awesome!!! Totally stunning card!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. love that big chippie stretching over your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Card...love the close ups of the details and altered chippie.
    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving me some love. xx...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Patricia! I soooo love your work....and this challenge was right up your alley! Love the chippie work...really very cool! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...