Saturday, February 15, 2014

Because of you...I am

Hallo to all my Blog friends...

At the moment we are having some sweltering heat again in South Africa...making it unpleasant to try and do just about anything that requires physical labour! Fortunately I have a little air cooler on which helps a little bit, given me the opportunity to create this page...

A few weeks ago I got a message from Sandra Mathis, owner of the Live & Love crafts store based in the UK asking me if I would be interested in doing a Guest Design page for her for the February challenge that is currently running on her Inspiration and Challenge Blog.  Live & Love Crafts is a UK based on-line store, specializing in vintage and shabby chic craft supplies. After a quick visit, and confirming that she really wants 'me' to Guest for her, as she has the most amazing designers who create wonderful little pieces of art with their cards...I agreed and set out to create this page using the criteria for the month namely Lace and Love as a theme....

I have to mention and thank a special Face Book friend, Alyce Keegan for mentioning me to Sandra...Thank you for your kind gesture Alyce...and I would love to send my viewers to your Blog, Kit and Clowder to marvel in your art works! I am always in awe of the amount of details Alyce manages to put on her cards, not even talking about her colouring techniques...just marvellous!!!!

I made this page using a wedding photo of my parents in Kerkrade Holland in 1961...


I used papers from Maja Design Fika; Kaffe Tack, Kärleksmums and Walking in the Forest; Birdsong.



Also used the following cutting Dies from Couture Creations, Crystal Star from the Royal Jewels collection and Bossa and Missoni from the Sophia collection. The doily was layered with flowers from Petaloo and some lace pieces.








The Prima resin Heart was coloured using Lindy's Stampgang Starburst sprays, Clam Baked Beige and Edelweiss Moss Green.



I absolutly love the Botanica Collection from Petaloo, and have nearly bought out my friend  Donna's stock over the week end! Here I have used a twig and several loose flowers to create
      this cluster.




By clicking on the photo twice you will zoom in and see how beautiful the Edelweiss Moss Green mist looks on the page.




The background got the whole mixed media treatment...from Washi Tape to stamping, inking and of course my favourite masking with home made texture paste...



A cluster using several cutting Dies, a flower and resin piece...I am loving the trend of these small clusters on the side of the page which are so popular at the moment...they give a finished touch to the page.





Thank you for having a short visit with me....

                   ~~~

If two stand shoulder to shoulder against the gods,
Happy together, the gods themselves are helpless
Against them while they stand so.
~Maxwell Anderson~

3 comments:

  1. Have had a flying peek at all your gorgeous work that I have missed Patricia and everything is adorable especially this make which oozes vintage heaven. Will be popping back when I have more time.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning, all the back ground details are amazing and the laces are so elegant, the flowers are beautiful too.. love this layout..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout Patricia and such a special photo. Gorgeous gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...