Saturday, February 22, 2014

Couture Creations Design Team Application Round 2

A very good evening Blog friends!

Last week...in the nick of time, I send my application in for the Couture Creations Design Team Call. Not having a great many of their Dies and Embossing Folders, I did not have many projects showing their products, so imagine my utmost surprise and delight when on Wednesday I received an e.mail stating that I have made it to Round 2!!! Jubilations, for I really love working with Cutting Dies and Embossing Folders and knowing that Couture Creations carry a wide and beautiful variety of both...I would be most honoured to be on their Design Team...

For Round 2 I was asked to create a new project using at least one Embossing Folder and Die. I am also using Core’dinations Card stock, for they are one of the partnering companies and go together well  with the Embossing Folders.

I will have some step-by-steps at the end and also included close up photos...If you are new to my blog, please double click on my photos to zoom in...

This then my entry for this second Round. The photo is of my Husband and our three kiddies taken during a holiday in 1993...Taken in the woodlands of Tzaneen, a place were I can get close to nature again and refuel myself...



I used the Constellations Embossing Folder in an unusual way on the background paper, also made
the small tab with it and embossed the brown matting. From three colours of Core’dinations Cardstock, I cut foliage from the Sophia Collection Dies. I used the following Dies; Bossa, Missoni and Stella.



This is the Missoni Die, I find it a very versatile motive, for one can use it as is, or cut it and use pieces tucked away...can you guess yet how I created the background???





In this cluster I have used all three the Cutting Dies, layering them to form a natural looking arrangement.



I love to make my paper flow by distressing and folding it. I hope this photo gives you an idea of the dimension I have given these pieces.



If you zoom into this photo, you will see how effective it is to add crackle paint to the de-bossed area...I will explain the steps later on.



Another cluster with the floral Dies...The stamping was done with my new stamps from Kaisercraft; Chevron, Edges and Film Edges. The paint work is Distressed Paint; Rusty Hinges and Victorian Velvet.



Another shot of the bottom flourish.



Had to add some stitching, Washi Tape and masking with Texture Paste. Yes...I even masked on my photo...very, very carefully!!!



~~~~~

Now for some step-by-steps... 




I wanted to use the folders a little different to show how versatile they can be...I laid my Whitewash Core’dinations Cardstock onto the raised area of the Constellations Folder and using a sanding block, I removed the top layer if white to expose the brown core...Such an easy and effective way of adding interest to one's background...



The edges were misted with water and folded and curled. I used an iron to get them nice and flat again.



Showing the Bossa and Missoni Dies after cutting and embossing.



I use a ball stylus and foam mat to curl my flourishes. The secret is to start from the outside, or the point of a leaf, moving in...that will make the paper curl on it's own.



To make it look natural, I will curl some from the back, and some from the front of the flourish.



To create the small tab, I embossed a piece of green Core’dinations Cardstock, and sanded it with the sanding block.




With an old credit card, I applied a thick layer of Crackling medium, lightly scrapping it of in order for it to remain in the de-bossed areas, but not on the raised areas.


Once dried and crackled, I inked it with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Here you can see clearly that the crackles are inside the de-bossed area...Pretty isn't it?

I usually create beautiful texture and interesting scenes ... just to cover them up with photos and embellishments!  This time I took some photos just in case...







This was a rather long post...hope you are still all with me??? Thank you for visiting me and thank you as well for leaving me a little message...it truly means the world to me and I always enjoy reading them.

I also invite you to like and follow Couture Creations on Facebook , subscribe to their e.mail group on the Couture Creations Blog and also visit the Store to see all the different Folders, Dies, Tools ect that they carry...

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
 the things you are,
 the things you never want to lose."

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning, so very beautiful and I love how you have used the dies, your back ground is gorgeous.. I really hope you get the position if this is an indication of how you will create.. love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful layout, and you explain techniques well so you will make a very valuable DT member- best of luck! I will be looking out for you at the upcoming Tim event- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Absolutely flipping brilliant. I absolutely love all the lovely elements and tricks n flicks you have done on here. The embossing folder trick is just wonderful. I shall be looking at my cordinations paper/embossing folders in a new light now. Hope you don't mind me pinning it and good luck.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Gorgeous!! Lots of beautiful layers and details....Loved the close ups.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect tutorial and beautiful use of the dies and embossing folders, some techniques I haven't seen before! Couture Creations would be lucky to have you!! Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! This is breathtaking Patricia and your step by step is awesome!!! Love all the different techniques used on this. Tell you what, if Couture Creations don't put you on their team there's got be something wrong with them. You rocked this page my girl!!! Love, love, love!!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work Patricia, hope you will get that dt place as you so much deserve it, wish you luck :* Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much yummy details!! awesome use of all the different techniques!! good luck sweetie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant amd thanks for the great step by step! They would be crazy not to invite you onto their team!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing work Patricia, everything looks fabulous......Crossing my fingers for you.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning LO! I really like all of your flourish clusters and the background looks amazing. Great idea to use the embossing folder underneath. Congrats on being selected for the team. I look forward to working with you this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...