Monday, February 3, 2014

Giant Lilies / Sketch 26, Scrap Africa

Hello friends on a wet, rainy day...

Today I want to share my page created with the sketch from Scrap Africa for February...
This photo of the Giant water Lilies was taken in 2007 at the Pamplemousses Botanical Garden in Mauritius....unfortunately they were just done flowering when we visited, but the huge leaves were such an experience to see, it made the visit al worthwhile!



I used two sheets of paper from the Timeless Type Stack from DCWV, Lindy's Sprays, Stamps from Kaisercraft, Petaloo Foliage and Prima Trinkets and Mechanicals...




My background was inspired by Riika Kovasin's class that I am following through Pop and Colour 2...Must admit that having a little more knowledge of how these girls go about getting their Mixed Media effects, makes it a little easier to try and experiment with the different products and techniques!





I used Washi Tape, Builders drywall tape, Gesso, Alcohol inks, Lindy's Stampgang Mists and Stampendeous Aged Ivory Enamel embossing powder to achieve this look. On the 'Rocks' Stamp from Kaisercraft I used Rust Antiquities Embossing powder from Ranger.



I used the following colours of Alcohol inks, Lettuce, Pesto and Willow.
From Lindy's I used, Cape Cod Coral, Ghostly Gargoyle White, Sea Mint Green and some splatters of Midnight Rendezvous Raven.
The yellow is some Wild Honey Distress Paint.
Also used the 'Arty' Stamp from Kaizercraft with black Archival ink.



Loving these leaves from the Foliage pack by Petaloo Spring Darjeeling collection. Prima's Clock Face and Mechanicals add the perfect touch to my page... 

~~~~~


Thank you for visiting my blog...always appreciate any one taking the time to drop by!!!


Like all great travellers, 
I have seen more than I remember,
and remember more than I have seen.
  ~Benjamin Disraeli~

9 comments:

  1. such a cool page! love your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful layout! Love all the layers and texture! So much interesting detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page! Love it! Love the backgrund, textures and colouring! Beautiful, metal accents too! Really loving this Patricia! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, love the photo and your back ground looks wonderful...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout Patricia... I am glad that you are also loving that Pop and Colours. Was so the best thing that I have ever done... That photo is amazing I love it. The colours so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia......your layout is just Gorgeous...love the background details, the gorgeous photo and colours.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning page, one of my favourite now, well done ! Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layout design elements really frame this picture that just draws you in so perfectly! love all the layers and oh my that photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know how I missed commenting on this one Patricia, must be getting old(er)!! Love this page!! Your background work is incredible and that photo is amazing!! Absolutely stunning page!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...