Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reflections of Die Cuts and Embossing...

Isn't it amazing how one can sometimes discover techniques or products that have been lurking on the background, not being used for awhile, and then realise that you have been missing out on using them?
This has happened to me whilst going through my blog posts, and I realised that I need to take out and use my cutting-dies and embossing folders again!!! I discovered some of my favourite works done with my Dies and Embossing folders and would love to share them with you...
Please join me for a walk down Memory Lane...I have linked the pages if you would be interested in a more in depth visit...

Because of you...I am                                                                                                             


On this page I have used some of my newer Dies from Couture Creations...

(Please remember to double click for zoom)



This is my newest work for Scrap Africa...Here I have used an embossing folder from Couture Creations and glitter to achieve a very interesting background...


Going Nowhere, slowly                                                                                                          


One of my favourite techniques is to emboss chipboard pieces as I have done on this page...


Card 


I love layering and movement of my papers, even die-cuts get layered and distressed to add interest to my page.


Our Boy


Another example of embossed chipboard.


Something about you





Another technique that I often use is to ink my embossing folder before placing the paper in...always a way of getting astonishing effects!


I am Happy to Play                                                                                                                  

       



This page is worth a visit to see how I transformed a plain white card stock into this beautiful background piece...


 Carpe Diem 


Once again inked the folder before embossing my chipboard pieces.



I can not find the link to this page...but this was a piece of foil covered card stock that was embossed and inked with alcohol inks...

Mask                                                                                                                                               

This was such a fun project to make, using several die-cut pieces and punches...

Thank you for taking the time to visit some older works of mine...keep an eye out, for I am certainly going to use my embossing folders and Dies much more in future.....

6 comments:

  1. Patricia thank you for your application these are all beautiful projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so much beauty in one post ... stunning and inspiring, love these Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are just fabulous Patricia!! Thank you for sharing these older creations!! Loved the way you created the background on your 'Happy to Play' card ... absolutely awesome!! I'm sure you'll do well with the Application too!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous samples Patricia!!! I am guessing they are going to love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my big shot and use it a lot! These are all so wonderfully created and there is endless things you can do and use on our creations with our dies and embossing folders! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful I agree it is nice when you re-discover them all over again. Stunning creations....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...