Monday, March 31, 2014

Creative Tags - Scraps of Elegance March kit-

I usually post the step by steps at the end of my post....but this time I needed you to see the technique in order to enjoy the end result...



Using the Bisque Liquid Pearls from the main kit of the March Floral Fantasy kit from Scraps of Elegance, I drew random lines on my Tags.



Using an old credit card I smeared the Liquid Pearls, making sure to keep parts of the tag uncovered.



Once dried, I coloured the tags using the Twinkling H2O's Coral Berry and Rainforest from the Colour Add on. I then wiped the excess paint of with a wet wipe, resulting in the Liquid Pearls acting as a resist, leaving me with a beautiful background.



A slightly angled shot shows the beautiful pink shimmer together with the orange of the Coral Berry. From here on I played with different colours and stamps on each tag. I was planing on doing only one tag...but had so much fun, I ended doing five of them...



I stamped with black Archival ink on each of them. The flowers and black lace trim are also from the main kit and flower add on. I also did some masking using Studio 490 embossing paste.





This shimmer is from spraying with Namorado from Luminarte.



The light blue on this tag was achieved by lightly spraying the tag with Bashful Blue from Luminarte and painting the inside of the balloon with Namorado.





All the Prima Chantelle Medallion flowers were coloured with both colours of the Luminarte.







All of the added sentiments and pockets are from Graphic 45 Botanical Tea collection Sticker sheet and Tags and Pocket sheet.









Thank you for having a look at these Tags of mine...I hope I have inspired you to try this technique some time as well....Remember that all of these products and kits are available at the Scraps of Elegance on-line shop...

Till a next time, take care....

4 comments:

  1. Very cool effect you get with this technique! Thanks for sharing...these tags came out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous technique Patricia!! These tags are absolutely gorgeous. Love them all and can't even pick a fave. Magic work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these are stunning. I love them all... that is such a cool technique will have to give it a try...TFS.. clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags Patricia....thanks for the inside info...LOL...I must definitely give that a try! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...