Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dream your Dream ~ Scraps Of Elegance March Kit ~

Hello to all my Blog friends...

Today I would love to share the first project made with the beautiful Floral Fantasy Kit from Scraps of Elegance...our March Kit. It has the most amazing papers and embellishments, ideal for those soft and elegant looking pages.

I chose to scrap one of those rare photos of myself, not the best one, but I thought it suited the papers rather well.



I used two sheets from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Collection, Sweet Chamomile, I used the front and reverse side. Also used Fields of Flowers from the same collection and some Tag Notes as mats from a sheet of Love Notes. I lightly Gesso'd the green Polka Dot paper for a softer look.







I created flowers using the green satin Leaf trim from the embellishment add on and the Prima Raelynn Royal flowers from the main kit.




I did some light stamping and some masking as well. I found the result of using Studio 490 Embossing Paste to be quite interesting. As it dried, it became somewhat translucent, allowing the pattern from the paper to show through...It gives a lovely, velvety look without being heavy on the page...





I was so excited to find the Antique Garden Sinks from Prima in our kit...Brand new design in the Shabby Chic Treasures range...I altered mine by creating a water stream. I simply used Glossy Accents to make a flow of water and added some clear and blue micro beads to it. To age the sink some, I coloured it with Mushroom Alcohol ink.




I used several stickers from the Sticker Sheet to create layers. Also used the multi coloured yarn to do some stitching. The purple flower is a Prima Plume Orchid from the Floral add on.



I added some details using Bisque Liquid Pearls from the main kit.






I created a layered cluster with some more stickers and this adorable canvas sticker from Paper House.



This is what the gorgeous main kit looks like. Unfortunately the kit is already sold out, but there are still some add on kits available...It would be wise to subscribe to the kits at the STORE  for they are sold out way fast...

Thank you for your visit, I will be back with some Tags and an interesting way to use Liquid Pearls tomorrow...

Something to remember....

When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence,
 it may be that they take better care of it there.
  ~Cecil Selig~

6 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh!!! I love this Patricia!! Love the photo, love the layers and the embossing paste used is brilliant. Will have to investigate that because I love that translucent look. The garden sink is adorable ... love the water flow you created. An absolutely stunning page!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, love those papers and love all your layers.. that sink looks amazing with the beads, and love the flowers with the stems too... the photo is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout. Love Love what you did with micro beads for the water effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout those papers are just so beautiful and I love what you did with the tap so clever lady... gorgeous photo too and you are right perfect for these papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfection plus , loving all the intricate details Patricia ... super duper creation x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...