Monday, July 28, 2014

Be Happy and Smile...July Scraps of Elegance Kit

This page is made for the Round Robin that is going on at Scraps of Elegance facebook page...These photos were taken in the Botanical Gardens during our vacation on Mauritius in 2007.



Using Kaisercraft's Telegraph Road collection; Memo and Parcel, I first spread some Gesso on my background paper and dried it with my heat-gun. I then sprayed the Lindy's Stampgang Flat Fabio in Cafe au Lait and allowed it to dribble. I used flowers from Petaloo and chipboard pieces from Dusty Attic...




The chip boards were all coated with Gesso and painted with the Lindy's from the colour Add-on, Flat Fabio; Cafe au Lait and  Cest la vie Cherise and Peony Scarlet Red Starburst Spray. I painted them with crackle paint and rubbed some brown in into the cracks once they were dry.



The metal  birdcage was also Gesso'd and coloured with some alcohol ink.



~~~~





After drying the first layer, I created the pink effect by spraying the red ink onto a craft sheet with some water and took a plastic bag to pick up the ink and pressing it onto the page....the result is this lovely water coloured effect.



I also stamped with a Kaisercraft stamp and the Heidi Swapp stamp from the kit.





I used some white embossing paste from Studio 490 to stencil and embossed it with Lindy's Embossing Powders Chateau Rose and Orange Creamsickle.

I used the Dusty Attic sketch for July and the following Lindy's Sprays;


To view more of the Design Team work, please visit our Scraps of Darkness / Scraps of Elegance Blog...

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning page Patricia!! Love the background and the colours are so rich and gorgeous!! Also love how your flower clusters spill out from the photos .. looks fabulous!!! Another fave I think!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again an awesome job on the background Patricia! It looks really amazing with beautiful photo's and details! have a wonderful day! hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning and beautiful Patricia and those photo's amazing! Such a wonderful compliment of design and elements with your photo's! Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is absolutely fabulous! Wonderful page, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background work on this and the colours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing project!!! So fresh and full of life))) Love the background so much!
    Thank you for sharing your talent at Lindy's Stamp Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chippies look fantastic!! I adore the background work - Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...