Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Free to Fly

Hello Blog friends...

Today I want to share a page I made using the September sketch from  The Dusty Attic. The photo is an image I took off Pinterest and it kind of portraits the feelings I am having lately...free, but also bound and held back by my own feelings....



I used several papers from Prima's Stationary Desk collection. I covered the background with clear Gesso and used Studio 490 Metallic Silver paste through a The Crafters Workshop stencil. On this page I used the following Dusty chipboard pieces....

Small Sea-grass
Small Elegant Flourish
Vine



I used my Lindy's spray a little different on this page...I sprayed a good amount in a line on my craft sheet, and then pulled the edges of my page through it to create a lovely border. Having used Treasured Island Turquoise Moon Shadow Mist, means I have a vintage brown border with the most amazing green shimmer and shine to it!



I wanted the Sea-grass to blend in with my paper...I used gesso, Weathered Wood Distress Paint and Ghostly Gargoyle White  Lindy's on it. On the ends is a little Black Soot DP. I also used some Distress Crackle Paint on  it.



The Vine was painted with Vintage Photo DP and the leaves with Bundled Sage and Forest Moss DP.





The Fleur de Lis rub-on from Glitz I have had in my stash for ages...loving the distressed look of it...The words are Remnant Rubs from Tim Holtz...









Lol...this chippy has so much product on and the photo unfortunately does not do it credit at all....After Gesso I started with a layer of Forest Moss DP. There is also Brushed Pewter DP, Queen Sheba Silver and Oakleaf Olive Embossing Powder from Lindy's on it. I have also sprayed it with Steel Shimmer Glitz Spray from Lindy's...

Thank you for your visit to this page using two of my all time favourite products....Dusty Attic and Lindys Stampgang....

Dusty Attic September Sketch

~~~~~

All men should strive
to learn before they die
what they are running from,
 and to, 
and why.
~James Thurber~

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous with so much e(motion) in the design. Just adore the text background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, this is one of your best ever pages. It's perfect in every sense. Love the photo, embellishments, backround work, composition. Just pure art ! Love, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of my faves of yours ... I love the whimsical feeling of it and that photo is just amazing. Works perfectly for your layout. The rub on just makes it I reckon.... love the chippie treatment....

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI..This is full of expression, love the sea grass and the flowers.. I hope things are going as well as they can be for you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely glorious ... love love love this Patricia my friend x thanks for playing with DA ... hope you have applied for the DT .. woohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, you always amaze me with your gorgeous creations! Such an inspiration!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful layout! I just love the finish of all the chippies!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...