Friday, September 26, 2014

~ A 'Happiness' Canvas ~

Today I am sharing a canvas I made using some String Glue for texture, Prima Color Bloom Spray's and Dusty Attic Chipboard pieces....

I knew what I wanted to do with the chipboard pieces, but the rest of the canvas had me puzzled for a day or two...I wanted it to be all soft and girly like, but alas, it did not end the way I had envisioned it...lol!

In the end it is a bit more grunge'd than I wanted...but....I am actually Happy with it...it was FUN, and it looks good and, now I have a reason to attempted another one soon...maybe getting the girly thing right this time....



After gesso'ing the canvas I played with the String Glue, I wanted the inks to puddle more which sadly did not happen this time. On this piece I used the following Prima Color Bloom's Spray Mists

Gold Foil
Peony
Tea Stain
Vintage Coal



To get this look on the Dusty Attic Rose Cluster chippie, I embossed it with three layers of white UTEE. Once cooled, I stamp with various colours of ink and heat again with a Heat-gun. It is the most fun to see the UTEE and ink mix and be able to move the ink around with the UTEE. On the leaves and flowers I also used a little spray that was heated as well.





The film strip and the paper flowers are from Bo Bunny.



The Prima resin Frame and Angel are coloured with  Gold Foil, Storm Cloud and Vintage Coal Sprays.









I did some masking with texture paste and embossed it with Lindy's Stampgang EP, Raspberry Lemonade.





These photos show the pieces before and after heating...The photo left is after heating...

That's it for now...short and sweet!
wishing you a Happy Scrapping weekend...
~~~~~

Those who can laugh without cause 
have either found the true meaning of happiness 
or have gone stark raving mad. 
~ Norm Papernick  ~

5 comments:

  1. So Very Beautiful!!! Art, Straight from the Heart! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This canvas is gorgeous! I love the DA rose chippies a lot, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so first off what is string glue? Where did you get it? Cause now I know about it I have to have some :P. This turned out wonderful and I love the chippie treatment... never thought of using UTEE and then stamping and re-heating. Fabulous lady. I love the colours. MOST of all I love the string glue if that is what is on the background. I need to know about that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Val ... I need to know about that string glue as well. Looks awesome!!! I totally adore this canvas and love the treatment on the chippies. I thought this piece looked great when it was just plain white but now it is totally awesome!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and pretty and the colours so soft! Love the chippie treatment....really awesome!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...