Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Canvas full of Texture...

 Hi Blog friends...

At the end of November we had our Christmas all-nighter at Fruitful Hands in Benoni,where I created 2 pages and this canvas...and then due to some silliness, {black dog of depression and severe nervous eye twitching} nothing was done during December...I am trying very hard to get my self back into the creating mood,  but in the meantime I can show you what I did during the night and early hours crafting with friends. Amazing how the time flies...all dark until suddenly you blink and a new day has broken...


Now, with this canvas my aim was to do less and have some glorious white space...epic fail...LOL!!! Let's blame it on the awesome products I took with me, just HAD to use them all! I am really going to try to work 'cleaner' this year...don't know how far I will get, but let's give it a try at least...

I did however have fun layering different materials, canvas strips, paper strips, lace and fibres and colouring them with my Lindy's Magicals mixed with water. I took only them with as I tend to work with my mist sprays regularly and neglect my mica's and magicals.
I used the following colours on the canvas.

Pumpkin Mist
Rusty Lantern Lime
Steampunk Sepia








On the frame I used Autumn Plum and Terra Cotta. I also brushed some black Art Sugar into the crevices with some Soft Gel Medium.

                                                                 






From Finnabair's Art Ingredients range I used these products...

Copper Glass Glitters
Gold Leaf Mica Flakes
Black Art Sugar

I used Ranger's Texture Paste which held the colours of the Lindy's Magicals beautifully.

The next three shots are just some close-ups of the sides of the canvas.






Thank you for visiting me...I will have the second LO for you tomorrow...Take care...


Make friends with the angels, 
who though invisible are always with you. 
Often invoke them,
 constantly praise them,
 and make good use of their help and assistance 
in all your temporal and spiritual affairs.
Saint Francis de Sales

10 comments:

  1. Outstanding work, loooove all the mixed media elements, glass glitter and all the texture. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the canvas and all the texture you achieved. The look is amazing! There is enough white space for the eye to have a place to rest, no fail, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not imagine all night scrspping! But, man! If this is the result - bring it on, I say!!!! Loooove the myriad details....& good luck with the cleaner scrapping thing. Been my goal for ages......I dunno...stuff just looks up & demands to get used, is the prob!!!! LOOOVE the mica flakes in here, too. Must dig mine out.....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is stunning Patricia!! Love the the gold mica flakes and the glass glitter. Going craft shopping today, might have to get some for myself!! Definitely not a fail, who needs white space when you have such goodies to fill them with!! Love this!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! What a wonderful job you did with texture and color. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear you were not well, I do hope 2015 is a better year for you. This canvas is truly stunning, all the texture and love the central feature.. Really beautiful! I hope your day is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is stunning! Don't think I could pull an all-nighter these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia...wat 'n pragtige kunswerk. Soveel tekstuur en so baie mooi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glorious absolutely glorious...oozing with beauty and texture x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful canvas... love the colours and the texture on the background page. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...