Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dark Dean
July/Aug 2015: 7 Dotsstudio Challenge

I can not believe that I am nearly too late to enter this page for the 7 Dot Studio challenge...Had the page made weeks ago and just never got to bloging it...
Seeing as the challenge is to scrap Animals, I just had to use this photo of me and Dark Dean taken many years ago. He was a Nooitgedacht gelding that I bought as a very young and green horse. Together the two of us learned to do Dressage, building a deep trust and love for each other. 
  

I only have a few sheets of 7 Dots Studio papers, being Cotton and Songbird from the Nature Walk Collection. I cut the Chevrons and layered them on my background paper and also used them as layers behind my photo.



I used Ranger Texture Paste through my stencil knowing that it would show the colours from Lindy's Stampgang Sprays the best. The colours I used are Frolic in the Forest Black and Steampunk Sepia Starbursts and Ethernal Emerald Moonshadow Mist.



The flower spray is from Petaloo...





I have a few pieces of French Flourish Chipboards from Dusty Attic on this page. They were treated with Dusty Rust Powder to achieve the aged look. 



I also used Stampendous 'Spoonful of Rust' Embossing Powder and Elements to give added interest to my background. And splatters of  'Bamboo Leaves' Irresistibly inks.






There is nothing so good for the inside of a man 
as the outside of a horse. 
~ John Lubbock ~

8 comments:

  1. Lovely page and still that rusting powder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love all the layering you did in the background, especially the rust effects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vey elegant work! Lovely layouts and beutiful colors! Thank you for playing along with us at 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! amazing lo! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, elegant page! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio's challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY grungey page Patricia!! Thanks for joining in with us for the 7 Dots Studio challenge!! So glad you got your entry loaded!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Thanks for joining us at the 7 Dots Studios Challenge this month!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic details! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio's challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...