Saturday, November 21, 2015

Live,Love,Laugh
Nov 2015Dusty Attic Inspiration Board

Today I am sharing my take on the November Inspiration Board at Dusty Attic...
When I got back from my class with Anna Dąbrowska aka Finnabair hosted by Cariena Basson from the Scrapbook Studio in Jeffrey's Bay three weeks ago, I had such lovely Finnabair products that I bought that needed to be tested...
I grabbed my Journal, covered the pages with old crusted Gesso, drywall tape, gauze and coloured it with various Mica Powders. I also laid down some thread, and found a face in the placement the next morning! This happened quite by accident and was not planned at all...given, it is a very abstract face but still...lol! I stamped the eyes and then went about to add some jewellery using Dusty Attic chipboard pieces.



I used the Fan Stencil from Dusty Attic with two shades of blue Distress Inks on the Background.




The mood board is how you interpret it, use the colours and words for Inspiration. Not only can you use Kraft, black or white cardstock but also it can be anything your heart desires to create, layouts, cards or an off the page project. The only "rule" is that you require some Dusty Attic chipboard used on your masterpiece. Just add your link, name and country here to win a $100 Gift Voucher to the Dusty Attic website.








I know it looks messy and un-organized to some...but that is were the fun lies for me...I love the textures, getting my hands all dirty and messy and playing with colours and different products. There is nothing more rewarding that feeling over a textured surface and tilting a project to see the light catching and changing colours.





The Tear-drops and Pendant from the Ornate Pendant set were embossed with the following embossing powders from Lindy's Stampgang...
Café-au-Lait
Hyacinth Blue Jade
Queen Sheba's Silver.
~~~~~

I used the following Dusty Attic pieces.











Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. 
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams~

2 comments:

  1. wow this is beyond magnificent .. loveeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks truly amazing....fancy 'finding' the face like that----beautiful work & that colour combo....YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...