Friday, March 25, 2016

~Feeling Pure Bliss~
More Than Words March Challenge

I started creating this canvas just as a relaxing project playing with different media and elements, when along the way I realised that I can enter it in the More Than Words March challenge where one has to use Gesso and be inspired by the word Bliss...The Gesso was no problem as I have used white, black and clear Gesso, but the 'Bliss' had me going for a little while, not knowing how I was going to incorporate Bliss to this way out character...until I did a Google search for the word and came up with this explanation:

bliss:noun
1.perfect happiness; great joy.
synonyms: joy, pleasure, delight, happiness, gladness,ecstasy, elation, rapture,
euphoria, heaven, paradise, seventh heaven, cloud nine

verb:informal
1.
reach a state of perfect happiness, oblivious of everything else.

 That is what I felt whilst I was creating this canvas...happiness, joy and delight...it was fun and for a little while I was...oblivious of everything else!



I prepped my canvas with clear Gesso, adhered all the elements with 3D Gloss Gel, then gave it a layer of black Gesso and used different Mica's and Perfect Pearls to colour. The Fishnet Panel, Frames and Wings are all from Dusty Attic...
I was influenced by Finnabair (of course), Marta Lapkowska and a recent project by Louise Nelson...







I made the faces and torso using moulds and Martha Stewart clay. On the background I used Finnabair ArtExtravagance White Sand and White Crackle texture pastes. 



Here all was covered with black Gesso.
I am placing more than needed close-ups, merely because I really liked all the different colours and texture...











The Dusty Attic wings were dipped in warm water to separate the layers. I only did two layers but one can easily do 3 layers. I dried them with my Heatgun resulting in them curling. After painting them all with a Pearlescent white paint, I dusted several colours Perfect Pearls on them.
I used Blue Smoke, Forever Green and Red and Pewter. A quick spritz of water to set them and a blast with the Heatgun to create some bubbles for texture.







I layered several of Finnabair's Mechanicals and trinkets and Licorice Glass Beads, all adhered with the strong 3D Gel. I then painted it all with clear Gesso and painted them with Rust Mica Powder mixed with Soft Gel and Lindy's Mica's. I also rubbed a little Copper Inka Gold onto the high areas.



The background and moulds were coloured with Sweet Violet and Time Travel Teal Magical's from Lindy's.











I hope you enjoyed seeing my photos of my Blissful creation...Thank you for taking the time to visit me today... 

I have linked the MTW image to the currant challenge...
For more amazing talent please visit the More than words blog...

From Dusty Attic I used the following chipboards...


Wings #2
DA0500



Large Fishnet Panel
DA0655



Vintage Frame #4
DA1510

~~~~~
Every now and then,
when the world sits just right,
a gentle breath of heaven
fills my soul with delight...
~Hazelmarie "Mattie" Elliott~

8 comments:

  1. You have done a fabulous job on this canvas Patricia, so many fab details & I love your thinking & interpretation of your google search. Awesome job. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous Patricia!! Saw it on fb and had to come and take a closer look and I am so glad I did!! I absolutely love the colour, the texture and the design. Loved all the close-ups too so we can see all the glorious details!! Stunning work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally magic! Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the steampunk style of this canvas and all those little mechanical elements you used !! Great work Patricia !Thank for joining us over at More than Words !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Patricia - this is stunning! I adore the textures, colours and shimmers you've achieved. Dusty Attic and More Than Words - what a perfect combination - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Details in the GORGEOUS canvas are INCREDIBLE!! Thanks Patricia for joining this month over @ More Than Words.... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! good works! I love! Thank you for joining us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...