I created this LO to promote Dusty Attic at Fruitful Hands, our local retailer in South Africa... I wanted to show how versatile Dusty chippies are and how much treatment they can take! I also used our local paper range Fabscrabs Paper, Timeless travels: Fillegree and Flower. This is a photo of my Grandmother Maria Beuel on my mothers side.
Please remember that you can have a real close look at the photo by clicking on it twice!
I am also posting this LO on Scrap Africa's blog for their Fabscraps challenge...Please visit our own local blogsite!!!
Foilage DA 0506
I soaked the chippie in water for a few minute, then layered it in three piece, curled the top two pieces, painted it with Dabber Willow when dried. I dabbed some Distress stain 'Vintage Photo' and 'Victorian Velvet' onto it. Then I randomly applied clear UTEE and some Distress Stains which I heated until I was satisfied with the colouring.
Vase DA 0270
Painted with Dabber 'Willow'. When dry I embossed with an embossing folder. Applied Distress Rock Candy crackling Paint. Wiped the excess paint off with a piece of card stock. That leaves you with the crackle in the de-bossed area.
Chain Fence DA 0450 was treated the same way as the Clock.
Vintage Clock #1
I painted the clock with Pearl Dabber. Applied Distress Stain 'Vintage Photo' and 'Victorian Velvet" and randomly applied clear UTEE.
Thank you once again for looking!
Hi, Patricia! your LO is very beautiful! i like the vintage look and all the layering you created here - it goes so well with the photo you used ♥
ReplyDeletethank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!
Oh what the heck..I'll just say it again..gorgeous layout my friend!! I am so happy to see you over at Scrap Africa..it's about time!! LOL!!xx
ReplyDelete