Thursday, September 13, 2012

** SteamPunk **

Hello fellow bloggers!

This months ATC theme at Dusty Attic is "Steampunk" Now I have seen LO's categorised as being Steampunk, but I never really grasped the definition until Chantelle  showed me some Steampunk images...oh my...I think I might be in love with a new style! Well, now that I tried my hand at a little Steampunk, who knows, maybe I might even try a LO soon!

I hope you enjoy viewing my ATC's as much as I enjoyed making them...
Remember to double click for a close up view...


I used Dusty Attic's Wings #2. After they were separated, I painted them with Pearl Dabber. The top layer was then painted with a generous coating of Tattered Angel's Glimmer Glaze ~ Flirty ~. I also dusted them with three colours Perfect Pearls; Pewter, Perfect Bronze and Forever Green. The result is an amazing, rusty, worn out look!
The Gears are from out local Enmarc Crafts, they were sprayed with Dazzles Mist and painted with  Brushed Pewter Distress Crackle Paint. 
I bought some new Tissue Tape the week end, not taking notice of the design, it just looked good to me, and to my surprise, it had the same motif  as the Tim Holtz stamp that I used on the back ground, it is the Clockwork stamp from his Remnants set. I also punched a clock circle from Tim's  idea-ology Paper Stash.

The Background


This is how I created the backgrounds. I used the Wrinkle free technique with Wild Honey, Peeled Paint and Faded Jeans DI. I then stamped a grid image with Picket Fence Distress Stain. Here one can see the stamped image, I used Perfect Medium and Blue Smoke and Pewter Perfect Pearls.


These ATC's will make their way to Dusty as a swap. Wish I could fit in the envelope and join them...lol!









A close up of the aged Wings.





This then is my try at SteamPunk...Have a great day and thank you for your visit!

“Steampunk is...a joyous fantasy of the past, allowing us to revel in a nostalgia for what never was. It is a literary playground for adventure, spectacle, drama, escapism and exploration. But most of all it is fun!” 
― George Mann


9 comments:

  1. Wow stunning! I love the technique and detail...a truly beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Patricia! I am busy with a steampunk layout at the moment too....so really love this and is inspiration deluxe! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Patricia. If you were at the Sept. Jhb Convention, sorry I missed you this time. Those wings are AWESOME. I have Q(s): when you had painted with pearl dabber, did you allow that to dry before adding the Glimmer Glaze? I assume the PP powders were then applied to WET Glimmer Glaze to enable them to "grab"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer...no, I did not go to the Convention this time :-(, and seeing and hearing what the girls made, I am sorry I did not go! Thank you...I really loved how the wings turned out...much better than I had anticipated! To answer, yes they were dry before applying the Glimmer glaze, I applied a really generous helping of glaze, actually dabbed it on instead of painting it, and the powder was added to the wet glaze...but to make sure it stayed, I gave it a light mist of water...just to be on the save side! Hope to sea what you create as well???

      Delete
  4. Amazing! You have really done a fab job here with this style! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a clever girl :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the wings curl upwards! Great job...great artistry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy...that's the beauty of Dusty Attic chipboard...they are so thick and when separated are so pliable...love working with them :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...