Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Canvas for Scraps of Elegance, March Kit...

Some of the products in this month Creative add on really post a challenge to me, for I have never worked with any of them before!!!! But in the end I think I did not do to bad...of course I had to source YouTube again for tutorials on how to use them lol!

We received a lovely Canvas from Winsor & Newton and Artisit Paint sticks from Shiva...and that was were my head started spinning....These are Oil paints in a stick form and something I had to experiment with. The biggest lesson certainly was that I had to leave this to dry for at least 48 hours for the oil paints to dry, and also that none of my mists would settle on the surface, but all's good in the end, I still got the look I was after. At some stage I really wanted to go wild with different mediums and textures, but decided to keep this a little cleaner and neater....





I started my back ground with the Oil sticks. The colours we received are, Medium Pink, Dioxazine Purple and Teal Blue. They are quite easy to mix and blend with one's finger, having a colourless Blender stick in the kit also helped to smooth the colours. And this was were patience is a virtue...it has to dry otherwise it will just rub of on your fingers wherever you touch it...time to put it aside and proceed with another project....



I cut a mask for the Prima Doll 'Megan"and used the Balzer Bitz 'Tree Bits' and Orange Blossom Archival Ink to create a woodland effect.



Did some stamping and stencilling with different stamps and Prima and The Crafters Workshop stencils.



Did not forget the sides of the canvas...





I created Megan's dress and boots by stamping on three different Graphic 45 "Botanical Tea" collection papers, fuzzy cut them and layered on plain paper stamped with the stamp.



Here are a Prima Plume Orchid and Ageless Adelynn flower with a canvas sticker.



I also used the Bisque Liquid Pearls to add a little definition...


 Always walk through life 
as if you have something
 new to learn ...
and you will.
  ~Vernon Howard~

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Patricia. For someone who's never used those paint sticks before you certainly did a marvelous job. The background is amazing and I love how you 'dressed' the doll ... fabulous!!! Absolutely stunning work!! You rock girl!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be so proud of this for a first go Patricia as it is an amazing piece.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Love the background that you started with. Looks great and yes you do have to wait for oil to dry properly :D beautiful creation that you ended up with though :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous Patricia, are the oil sticks like oil pastels?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cut and pretty, i love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful, a stunning creation . I am loving the way you play with color and texture .... beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous canvas.....just beautiful, in everyway! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great canvas. Love the background and how cool to be able to play with other mediums. Looks great and I love the less is more final creation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...