Monday, June 9, 2014

Embrace your Dreams ~ Timeless Kit for Scraps of Elegance

A new day...A new week...may it be a Happy and productive week for all my friends.
When I saw the preview of the June kit "Timeless' from Scraps of Elegance, I could not contain my excitement for apart from all the other goodness that Melinda has put together for this kit...it also contained paper from 7 Dots Studio!!! A big Hooray for me as this paper is not available in South Africa and I have been dying to use it! We have gotten some of the Nature Walk collection and must say it is all that I hoped it would be...It is a sturdy paper, just ready for all the mixed media products that are so popular these days. And I must congratulate the designer of the range, DeeDee Catron who b.t.w is Guest Designing for Scraps of Darkness for June and July, with the amazing designs...I am loving the grungy feel of the collection!



For this photo of Chantelle I used Gray Day, Songbird and Winged Vines from Nature Walk. I did my masking using the a Damask stencil from Teresa Collins, in the Main kit and the branches stencil from Joggles, in the Creativity add-on.



The flowers are from Prima and I even used the packaging for the die-cut piece and the 'Time Traveler's' little tag. On the page I only used a few snippets of the black lace ribbon from the Embellishment add-on.



These are two of the Prima Metal Clips, also from the Main kit.






I created a border using the Craft Tapes from Docrafts Madam Payraud's added in the Embellishment add-on.



Three tags from Melissa Frances tied together with the string from the Kit and a brad from my own stash. I also did some stamping on my background with various of my own stamps.  




The golden sheen shown here is from last month Colour add-on, the Prima Color Bloom 'Tea Stain'.



I absolutly love this swirl image on the Winged Vines paper and think the Prima frame complimented it perfectly...I painted the frame with the Olive Vine Silks Glaze from the Creativity add-on, dabbed a little black paint on to it and lastly rubbed some gold paste on the raised areas. The black flowers are from Petaloo, in the Flower add-on. The centre of the flower is a glass pebble from the Main kit that I coloured with some caramel alcohol ink. I used Studio 490 embossing paste with the Damask stencil and with the stensil still in place, I misted with the Irresistible Colored Texture Spray, Desert Sand from the Colour add-on. The texture spray gives a plastic like feel and look to the image...I wish you could see and feel it i.r.l...just loving it!




Some more of the coloured glass pebbles and another stencilled branch. The branches also got a little gold paste rubbed on.

Here once again are the links to the SOE/SOD shop...jump and subscribe for the kits sell out fast...!!! Thank you for your visit, always much appreciated...


 We are not only less reasonable and less decent in our dreams... 
 we are also more inteligent, 
 wiser and capable of better judgment
 when we are asleep
 than when we are awake.
  ~Erich Fromm~

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Patricia this page is totally awesome!! A gorgeous blend of colours and the textures and stamping are amazing. There is so much to see on this page it must have taken an age to create!!! Always love what you do ... you rock!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Patricial!! This is so gorgeous!! Loving all of your amazing details! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Patricia, I've hopped over here from Heather's blog hop and have just become a follower. What a stunning page, rich and earthy, full of texture, with lots of little treasures waiting to be discovered. Beautiful photo and a gorgeous page :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...