Monday, February 23, 2015

Believe
February 2015 Scraps of Elegance Kit

Good Evening friends...

One of the items in our Creativity Add-on in our February kit, 'Lisa's Love Letters' is this unique round canvas. I have never seen one before...and enjoyed creating on it. Please take the time and see how Lisa herself used this canvas...it's a treat to watch her video and follow her creative steps...



I regret not taking a photo after placing all my elements and before covering it all with Gesso and paint...I have several items from the kit on here...but also some bits and pieces from my nick-knack box.

Incidentally, this is me in the photo, I was 16 at the time and sometimes wish I could go back to that time to change certain things and mainly to tell myself to be stronger and Believe in myself and have more confidence...I battle with a low...very low self esteem that sometimes keeps me from being truly happy with myself...



 I started by adhering several laces, some from last months kit and some of my own. Then I added both clear and white Gesso to it. I also added random thick layers of DecoArt Dimensional Texture Paste from the Main kit mixed with some glass beads. I also used the The Crafters Stencil, also from the Creativity Add-on to stencil the hearts... I left it to dry completely overnight.





Some of the items from the kit can be seen here. From the Flower and Elements Add-on's I used the flowers and the fan. The small black frame from the Main kit I broke in half and used it on two places.



The heart turned out this yummy grungy because I tried to give it some texture by pressing a piece of paper onto the wet paste, when lifting the paper a piece of paste came of as well...This is a good example of a mishap being much loved. I used Lindy's Stampgang Starburst Spray 'Glory of the Seas Gold' from the Color Add-on as well as several others from my own stash. To give depth I used some of the Chocolate Double Scoop Gelato mixed with a drop of water and painted on.



The small key from the Reneabouquets Butterfly's and the half frame. The Alpha Beads from Darice and Stampendous Mica Fragments from the Elements kit.





To highlight the textures I brushed some Gesso onto the beads and elements.



Just a quick anecdote...People who know me might know that I am a real pain when it comes to straightness...I literally spend time with a ruler making sure everything is straight and in line! Can you see how crooked these letters are? See this is what happened...I was painstakingly gluing them down when Hubby...dear Hubby calmly announced downstairs that he has nearly cut his finger of (again) whilst pruning a tree!!! Leaving everything as is, we dashed of to the doctor to have three stitches done...and that dear friends is why my FREE is all skew and crooked.

Thank you for taking the time to visit...please visit the Scraps of Elegance Blog for more inspiration from my fellow Team mates, and the Scraps of Elegance Shop to subscribe to kits and buy items used on my projects.
~~~~~

People are like stained-glass windows. 
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
 but when the darkness sets in
 their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. 
~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross~

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing!!!! Such a great job!
    I enjoyed your blog post! Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs & kisses,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we battle with demons which simply don't show in what we do... Your scrapping is soooo beautiful! Shame about hubby's finger...but I LOVE unstraightness! So it makes me feel good to see a crooked element or two. Makes it real, to me!!! Adore the mm elements... The mica looks fabulous, too:):))) adore this project !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing.... love the round for a change too and the colours and textures are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...