Sunday, July 26, 2015

Vintage
Dusty Attic July 2015 Inspiration Board


Hello Dear Blog Friends...
With still 5 days left, there is more than enough time to enter the Dusty Attic's Inspiration Board challenge for July...Remember you stand a chance to win a $100 gift voucher to redeem at the shop...Happy shopping to some one lucky!!! 



I thought this photo of a garden cherub that I took at a Guest House, suited the colour inspiration beautifully. I used papers from the Prima Epiphany Collection and enchanted them with masking with Archival ink, Buttercup, Sky Blue and Leaf Green.





All my chipboard pieces were primed with a coat of gesso first. The title, part of the Word Pack #1 was painted with Dusty Attic Acrilic Paint, Bisque. Then I embossed it with Dried Marigold Distress Embossing Powder, brushed of the excess powder and brushed a little Soot Paint onto it.



Not wanting to blow my own horn...but I just love the end result of my Vase and  bricks from the Mini Brick Wall.



After the gesso I dabbed some Coarse Texture Gel onto the pieces. Then the painting fun started...I build the layers using the following colours of Dusty Paints...Bisque, Gingernut, Mountain Meadow and Soot to accent the raised areas. I also used Rusty Hinge Distress Stain and Fired Brick Distress Paint. The Vase was also painted with Crackle paint.



The mini Branches I painted with Forrest Paint. I used a long nosed pliers to curl the dry leaves a little for some added definition.



The flowers used are several from Petaloo...







The Butterfly was embossed with some Sparkly embossing Powders.
~~~~




















Once again I invite you to visit our beautiful Dusty Attic Blog filled with exciting work from fellow Design Team members and also the shop, with some amazing new designs added just these past few days!!!

Dusty Attic Blog /http://dustyatticblog.blogspot.com/
Dusty Attic Shop http://www.dustyattic.com.au/
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...