Monday, July 16, 2012

~ A Card for a Friend ~

My project that I made this week for Scrapbook Studio is a canvas card...I wanted to play with some mixed media's and the full range of Tim Holtz Seasonal Distress Inks. That means that there are 12 colours on this canvas!




I used some images from the Tim Holtz Grunge board Mixed Minis from my DT Pack.



I used the wings, hearts, stars, hinges and some flourishes. They were glued to the canvas, and covered with a layer of Gesso.



I made my own resist canvas by applying Multi Medium Matt to my Creative Flourish from Layers of Colours. After stamping it on the canvas, I dried it with my Heat gun. I used the Sewing Room Alteration Die from Tim Holtz for the Dress Form. And then I had fun with the inks! I used the Seasonal Re inkers to make my mists that I used.



The heart has some micro beads on it and a layer of crackling medium.



The dress form is coloured with Distress inks using the applicator tool. I am really happy with the way the stamped image came out after the inking!



The wings were also covered with micro beads and a layer of crackling medium.






I am not a great mixed media artist...but I just might play with these techniques some more, for they are really fun to do...

Have a great day...and stay safe!




5 comments:

  1. Awesome work on the colors and papers. Such a sweet sentiment! :)

    online horse betting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Patricia and thanks for the insight into how you created it! I have done a little mixed media myself...but you have inspired me to really try and do a little more! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paticia thank you for taking part in the seasonal distress challenge on CC101. Your piece of art is a brilliant example of ALL of the colours of the pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning Patricia! I love your technique :) Thanks for your lovely comments over on my blog...I am now a follower of yours too! :) Did you see I had candy aswell? :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...