Friday, May 17, 2013

Rue Cafee ~ My fun challenge with Heather Jacob ~

Good Morning on this Friday morning blog friends!

A while ago I saw a photo on Pinterest that both me and one of my biggest Scrapping Idols both liked and that set me thinking  how different would the two of us scrap the same photo....? After putting the challenge out to her, I am so delighted to have had Heather Jacob join me in scrapping this photo!!!

The photo gave me a feeling of a French side walk café, hence the title...I could have gone two ways with the design, soft and elegant looking but in the end opted for the rustic earthy colours and feel! We both used Kaisercraft's  Base Coat Collection. I tried to create a cobblestoned Café scene with my papers and modelling pastes. Hope you will enjoy a walk along my street....





I gave the Streetlamp from Prima's Shabby Chic Treasures a coating of brown and black inks. And some Distress stickles on the glass.





I glued a piece of the Bricks paper onto my background, which was lightly stamped, and then applied coarse Texture Gel and Modelling Paste around the edges. I inked the paste with some Vintage Photo re-inker. Interesting, I find that adding the re-inker gives the paste a cement like texture.



The pots are from a sheet of Flower Soft pots, also added some paste on them as well. The flowers are a sprig of Prima Engraver Flowers.





Don't know why, but ever since I got the Prima Wooden Door embellishment, I wanted to break one and have the distressed look of it...Think it adds to the antique, vintage feel I was aiming for with this LO.



I fuzzy cut some rocks and added paste to them as well...



Lol...on facebook this photo had my friends reaching for their dinner plates for they saw Steak and Bacon and Tjops and Biltong in it...even some Tea and Toast...!!! And I was actually aiming for the Brownies with Chocolate Sauce look...!

   

This then was my walk down a little French Village road...hope you enjoyed and will come back soon for another visit?

The only thing wrong with doing nothing
 is that you never know when you're finished.  

21 comments:

  1. totally exquisite, loving all the texture and fabulous details ... thanks for the brilliant idea Patricia it was fun xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Lah Lah...I DO feel like I've walked down a 'Rue Parisienne'!!! Came over from Heather's...interesting how you both went earthy, but completely different interpretation...LOVING your lamp post & that brick treatment...& this has been a real treat for me. TFS:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture shearing is a super idea! I came all along with you through that french street. Super effects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout Patricia, love the step by step... I am very wary when it comes to paste and stuff.. just loving the textures here. Gorgeous layout. Fab challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absulut stunning, dis een van jou mooiste layout's vir my!
    Hugs
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is amazing! Love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!! so many gorgeous details. i think ill retire from scrapbooking hahahahaha!!! ill leave it t othe pros i think ;) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I'm in shock. this is brilliant!! I kept on scrolling up and down the page to check out all the details. brilliant idea with the Prima wooden door. Why didn't I think of it lol. and those rocks are phenomenal. I can almost reach out and touch them. BRAVO!!! I'm truly amazed

    ReplyDelete
  9. I landed up here via Heather and I am so glad I did... this is totally amazing! I adore it, absolutely perfect with this photo, a really, really great LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for the two of you to scrap the same photo, both are lovely layouts. I really love your bricks and the treatment to the lamp, oh and great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to mention the broken door, it looks fabulous in its broken state.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just poped over from Heather to see your interpetation of the photo, and this is so fantasticly well made. I love how you have created your background and all those little details are fantastic. I did say Italian style coffe shop over at Heather's but as you said French cafe, it gives that feeling as well . Wish you a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also landed here from Heather's blog and I absolutely love what you've done with this photo. A totally amazing layout!! love your work and I've become a follower, so I'm looking forward to visiting here again. Thank you Patricia for sharing your talent. ox Marg

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning layout Patricia. Your attention to detail is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing layout. So much wonderful detail. Those rocks are so lifelike. I have never done any of this texturing and pasting stuff and don't think I will be anytime soon either but it does look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wowser ... simply stunning ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've popped over here from Heather's blog...amazing what you two have done with this photo! I love your cobblestone effect, the dimension & detail is fabulous! So love the flowers in the pot...a very beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow girl....this is an absolute stunner! You pulled out all the stops and beautiful details on this one! Love it Patrcia....this is fabulous and a definite favourite of mine! You and Heather, both created such gorgeous pages! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning layout!! Love the details you put in the lamp post and the pots.. thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower! Thank you sooo much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fiquei maravilhada com essa página, texturas e profundidade impressionantes.
    Um linda obra de arte.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...