Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sweet 16 ~ OUAS May challenge ~

Theme: Numbers!!!

This month, we ask you to include a number , ANY number, on your layout. It has to be VISIBLE on your layout and it can be in your title or part of your journalling. It can be a date, an age, a house number, an anniversary, the number of children you have, the number of pets ....anything you like. But please make sure that there is some explanation through your journalling, somewhere on your page or blog about what this number means to you. 

I opted to use these photos of me and my Paternal Grandmother, Oma Agnes Schillings from the Bosse Netherlands...both at age of 16. There is such a strong resemblance between the two of us, and although I only knew her for a very short time before her passing, I know that I also have many of her character qualities, and her length...or rather lack there off !



I used the following Pion Design papers...
Fairytale of Spring: Violet
             Studio of Memories: Small Leaves
        For Father: Flowers for Father
              Handsome



My chipboard pieces are all from Imaginarium Designs. I cut the frame to create two corner pieces. All the chippies were primed with gesso, inked and misted with Lindys Stampgang Sprays.



The alphas and numerals are from ID, inked with Mixed Media Inx. I used the Damask mask from The Crafters Workshop and modelling Paste on the green background paper.  





These flowers are from Prima, Ceylon White Wedding, sprayed with LSS Edelweiss Moss Green and Sea Grass Green. I loved how the petals curled up once I started drying them with my heat gun!



I had to add a little bicycle somewhere as it was part of the sketch, and fortunately I had this cute little one from ID !



The Prima Shabby Chic Treasure Window also got a misting of LSS mist...love the aged feel it has now... 

On the back of my LO I have journalled the following...

"Liefste Oma,

I did not have the pleasure of knowing you in my childhood years, as we immigrated to "Sunny South Africa" when I was only 5 years old...I am sure you missed me, your only Grand Daughter as much as I missed having you in my life! I would love to think that I would have been spoiled rotten by my Holland Oma...What I remember clearly was the day I did finally meet you...I was a young mother of 2 myself, 24 years of age...You came to visit Pappa from Holland with a friend of yours. You hid in one of the rooms and Tante Anna came to meet me, but there was no connection between us and I turned to my Dad and said...so were is my Oma? Oh...and then when you came out of the room...I remember us just looking at each other with tears running down our cheeks before hugging each other to death!  Fate then played us a nasty hand by giving us only about two years together before you passed away due to illness! But in that time I got to know and appreciate you, for who and what you were, and me becoming the person I am today because of you.."

This is the sketch to follow... I will also enter this LO for the Berry71bleu challenge were one has to use chipboard pieces on your LO...


If you still have Grand Parents...give them a Hug tonight...

Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while
 but our hearts forever.  

13 comments:

  1. Soooo beautiful Patricia, so many beautiful details on this page and such super photo's of you and your Ouma too! Love the vintage feel....just amazing! Love, love your styling....absolutely perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very strong resemblance and beautiful heartfelt journaling and LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page, i love all the little details you've added like the chipboard and mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing page, Patricia! Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, this LO is so beautiful through and through!!! - 2 beautiful young ladies, beautiful and touching story and a lot of beautiful details! amazing project!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage feel of this page. Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with us at berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda página e lindas fotos, vários detalhes e texturas super interessantes.
    Obrigada pelo carinho de visitar meu blog.
    Adorei navegar pelo teu blog, muitos trabalhos lindos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! Love all of your punch work. Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really classy layout. What a beautiful composition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tribute to your grandmother...beautifully designed--excellent take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page Patricia!!! Thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog, love it!! Beautiful LO!!!! I hope you don't mind me copying some of your ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...