Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sugar & Spice

This is my page done for the October Sketch challenge hosted by Once Upon a Sketch...Our journalling theme this month is "The Woman/Girl in our Lives". Therefore I scrapped these photos of the two most important and gorgeous girls in my life...my two Daughters!

As the title suggests, they truly are Sugar and Spice..two very different personalities, I won't say who is which though...lol...I just hope they both realise how important they are to me, and how terribly proud I am of both of them...Oh yes, they both have their difficulties and can be full of nonsense, but I have never had to be ashamed of them and can only say, I am Proud to be your Mother!!! 



I have used papers from the Prima Songbird collection, a Pima 12x12 stencil, Resin embellishments and various Prima flowers!







I punched and layered several strips of paper to mimic the notepad design on the paper.





The stencilling was done with Translucent Paste and Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel. I added colour to the page using Steampunk Sepia Magicals and Pegleg Pete's Purple Moonshadow Mist, both from Lindy's Stampgang.



Some hand stitching with a few added Pearl Beads. They were white and I coloured them with a few drops of Alcohol Ink.






(I flipped the sketch and used two photos instead of one)

Thank you for your visit, leaving you with these words that I am very sure runs true in many households....

Sisters annoy,  
interfere, 
criticize.
 Indulge in monumental sulks,
 in huffs,
 in snide remarks. 
Borrow.
 Break. 
Monopolize the bathroom. 
Are always underfoot. 
But if catastrophe should strike,
 sisters are there.
 Defending you against all comers. 
~Pam Brown~

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and I just adore the shabby chic feel.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is beautiful...you SOOO are a Dusty Attic girl!!! LOL.....& sisters......man, what I'd give to have one to fight with etc etc....sadly, only one annoying little brother came my way! Least I have my GF's.....LOL:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous page with beautiful photo's of your girls!! I also have two of these girls, one sugar and one spice. I won't say who is which also!!! LOL ps...awesome job on that stitching! hugs Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has such a feminine feel to it with the colors and those beautiful flowers, and my the two girls sure do look alike! Flowers from the same garden for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are so similar and so different... I guess we all have kids like that no matter what sex they are. It is what makes them so individual and so special. I love the mix of pretty and kind of grungy too. Gorgeous background and chippie treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fantastic little details like the hand stitched pearls. Great colour scheme and flower cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite page! That stitching must have taken you forever!! Hope you get your parcel with your stencil in it soon. I have been using a courier the last few months & for the first time ever not ordered anything from overseas, it has been a killer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty and detailed page and so many amazing elements! Really so gorgeous! Beautiful photies of your girles too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...