Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Headband ala Finnabair Style

As most of you know, I was very fortunate to attend the Finnabair workshop end of October 2015 hosted by Cariena Basson at the Scrapbook Studio in Jeffreys Bay. I wanted to create something to commemorate the occasion and decided to create...the night before leaving, whilst packing...this Headband featuring several Vintage Trinkets and products from the Prima Finnabair line. I started by priming the velvet Headband with black Gesso and after drying with my heatgun, painted it with Copper Crackle Texture Paste. All the different elements and beads were adhered using Soft Matt Gel. Unfortunately I did not have any Prima Micas, therefore I used Perfect Pearls that I mixed with soft Matt Gel and painted onto the elements. Heatgun worked again and after a little cooling I sealed it all with two layers of Matt Gel.














I wore the Headband both days of class with Anna and even after travelling am happy to say that all the elements are still in place.





Just a short and sweet post today...Thank you for dropping by...

6 comments:

  1. It is very cool. Would never thing of altering a headband. I love the colours on it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Patricia!! Love the colours and it looks gorgeous on you!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and beautiful creating.. it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...