Thursday, October 13, 2016

~It's Good to be Me~
Art Journal Page

My Art Journal is not so much for journalling...I really struggle with words and expressing myself...For me it is to play with all my media and see how they react and just playing with colour and textures...My way of clearing my head at times...On this page I played with two new products...Glimmer Mists from K-Craft and Tim Holtz Distress Crayons.



This page started of after seeing a video by Marta Lapkowska - Breaking a Blank Page Part 5. Note...started of...lol...for after plastering on a thick and textured layer of Gesso, and creating a background with Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemon Distress Ink refill inks, I had to let the page lie for a few days and when I got back to it again it moved in a completely different way than first intended!!!





























I had bought me some Distress Crayons and the Glimmer Mist and had to play with them and try to learn how they behave and react. 

 (cccccccccccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
"I was planning on firing Kiara the cat as my co-writer...
but as Ezme Hartman observed- 
'Clever kitty.... c= cat, x= kisses, 
she's sending you a ❤ note,'"

....lol...enough fooling around, back to business...
I found the K-Craft glimmer Mist to be very vibrant and highly pigmented. The colours are truly stunning with some sheen to them. I wet my paper before adding the mist and also afterwords as it is easier to move and manipulate the spread that way. On here I have used Bronze, Sunny Yellow and Violet.The Yellow was used on the Lace and the Bronze on the Art stones. One can see the awesome shimmer of the Bronze in the close-up shots. The Lace Doily was coloured with the Violet with some added Red Rust Paste. I also used the Violet on the page with some Dark Velvet Metallique Paint from Finnabair.

Also used the following Distress Crayons from Tim Holtz: Black Soot, Peeled Paint and Rusty Hinge. I used the Peeled Paint with water on the background and the other two with stencils.

Thank you for your visit...Wishing you an awesome day...


I care not so much 
what I am to others 
as what I am to myself. 
 I will be rich by myself, 
and not by borrowing.
  ~Michel de Montaigne~

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Patricia!! Love the background .. great colour and such cool effects. Fabulous texture too!! Love this!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome page! And I have the same in my journals. Also find it difficult to add words on my projects. Somehow it's hard to match the words with my feelings at that time. Always want to say more but don't know how. So for me my journaling is also a fun and relaxing way to be creative. Nothing fancy, just playing. Sending big hugs your way! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...