Thursday, March 15, 2012

~~~ Oma ~~~

I created this LO to promote Dusty Attic at Fruitful Hands, our local retailer in South Africa... I wanted to show how versatile Dusty chippies are and how much treatment they can take! I also used our local paper range Fabscrabs Paper, Timeless travels: Fillegree and Flower. This is a photo of my Grandmother Maria Beuel on my mothers side.                                                                
Please remember that you can have a real close look at the photo by clicking on it twice!

I am also posting this LO on Scrap Africa's blog for their Fabscraps challenge...Please visit our own local blogsite!!!






Foilage DA 0506
I soaked the chippie in water for a few minute, then layered it in three piece, curled the top two pieces, painted it with Dabber Willow when dried. I dabbed some Distress stain 'Vintage Photo'  and  'Victorian Velvet' onto it. Then I randomly applied clear UTEE and some Distress Stains which I heated until I was satisfied with the colouring.



Vase DA 0270
Painted with Dabber 'Willow'. When dry I embossed with an embossing folder. Applied Distress Rock Candy crackling Paint. Wiped the excess paint off with a piece of card stock. That leaves you with the crackle in the de-bossed area.
Chain Fence DA 0450 was treated the same way as the Clock.






Vintage Clock #1
I painted the clock with Pearl Dabber. Applied Distress Stain 'Vintage Photo' and 'Victorian Velvet" and randomly applied clear UTEE.

Thank you once again for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Patricia! your LO is very beautiful! i like the vintage look and all the layering you created here - it goes so well with the photo you used ♥
    thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what the heck..I'll just say it again..gorgeous layout my friend!! I am so happy to see you over at Scrap Africa..it's about time!! LOL!!xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...