Sunday, August 26, 2012

Soulful

I made time this month to play along with Dusty Attic's month sketch challenge... When I first saw this sketch from Michelle Grant, I did not like it at all...and then it kind of grew on me and I am very happy with the out come...I did not know what to make from the two diagonal lines in the sketch, but think my lacing and the lace border from Prima did the trick...

This is the sketch from Michelle...



And this is what I made from it....


I used BoBunny's Timepiece collection, did a little stamping with a La Blanche stamp and some extra brickwork stamping as well. 



A little ballerina from Prima...the photo was of Chantelle's Matric Farewell dance after all!



I build a little window sill scene by cutting the shutters and actually folding them back like real shutters! Some flowers and a piece of Dusty's Wrought Iron Trim, and it looks like a French Villa scenery!



The doily from Dusty and the Wrought Iron Trim were first painted with some Pearl Dabber and then given a generous spray with Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist...a metal embellishment and a cameo finish of the doily.





 I did some spider web lacing according to Kay Fatula's tutorial. It looks much better when the spacing is a little wider, but I did not plan on doing this technique there for I did not have enough width between the two pieces of patterned paper. 



Thank you for your visit...have a wonderful week ahead!


14 comments:

  1. Well, well, well...it shows you, don't knock it until you've tried it...lol!!! You did a fanfreakintastic job with that sketch Patricia..your lacing, the doily and cameo, the stamping ..(still gonna steal that brickwork stamp from you..bring in with you in October..lol!) and all the other yummy, yummy stuff not to mention those beautiful shutters...I LOVE IT!!!!!!! A feast for the eyes is no understatement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy...seems like I'll need a Big suitcase...!

      Delete
  2. This is one beautifully done page! Great take on the sketch--love how you matted the circular photo & the lacing did add a fabulous touch to this page! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee!! What gorgeous details and such a beautiful layout. Truly great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous with lots to look at. Lovely photo too. Great piece!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha...She looked gorgeous, will do a next LO with her dress in full!

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous!! I love the grungy yet soft look it has. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment Chrissy...

      Delete
  6. Wonderful layout - you did an awesome job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After battling with it for nearly a month...I had to wait for it to 'speak' to me first...lol!

      Delete
  7. Sooooo gorgeous Patricia...love how your layout turned out! Lots of work and love went into this one! Love everything about it! A real stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take on the sketch cool details and lovely colors.
    Have a great weekend byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...