Tuesday, November 13, 2012

...African Dusty...

Finally...after a very long absence I have some thing to post again! As most of my friends know, I am having difficulties with very shaky hands and terrible headaches...made it difficult to scrap and me and my Mojo took a bit of a nose dive :-).



I found these cute little easels and canvases in a craft shop over the weekend and had to try my hand at some canvas work...this is only 7x7 cm big...I  might gradually advance to some bigger pieces, for I had fun playing with this little mini! I am planning of giving this one as a gift, hoping the recipient will love it as much as I do!



I used an Ivy stencil and with Texture Paint build some Ivy leaves on the canvas. The corner element is a metal corner piece that I altered by using my new Emboss Gloss ( gonne love this little wand applicator!)...and Platinum UTEE, and coloured it with Alcohol Inks. The leaves are Dusty's Leafy Stems #3 small, that were left over from a previous project. They were painted and sprinkled with some Diamond Dust. The canvas was sprayed with various Perfect Pearl Mists from Ranger.



Just see how well Africa and Dusty go together? The Mother and Baby are also a metal piece with a little Green Patina Mist worked into the crevasses. On the mini Potion Bottle I glued some string, covered with some crinkled foil and also applied Alcohol Inks to.



I sprayed the Swirl Vine #2 with Lindys Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist; Landlubber Green, which gave it a beautiful brown base with a green shine. Again using the Emboss Gloss, I added some clear UTEE. Because I love to randomly add UTEE, this is the perfect way to add just a little touch here and there...much more control over were my UTEE will be added!





The netting effect you see, is achieved with another product that I picked up and think I am going to work with some more...It is called 'Tokreen" I painted some gauge with the Tokreen and shaped it to my liking, it then dries to a stiff texture...I would appreciate any comments if any one knows more about Tokreen and what to do with it...





Even the little easel wasn't spared this time! It was a plain pine easel...I painted it black, distressed it with a distressing hammer, sanded the edges and also gave it a generous spray with Lindys....

All in all I am quiet happy with this little mini, and am going to being doing some more of them in future. Hope you liked my little Art work.... 



A baby is born with a need to be loved,
and never outgrows it. 
Frank A. Clark

4 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Patricia...so glad to see you creating again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! So many techniques on such a little piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sjoe vrou...dis nou darem pragtig!! Love the colouring and dimension...so super! I really hope you are hundreds really soon! Lots of happy and healthy thoughts sent your way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And even more gorgeous in real life!!!!! Thanks you so much for this mini masterpiece!!! big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...