Monday, July 15, 2013

Be so Happy ~ Scrap Africa Challenge nr. 19

How time flies! Today we are at the 19th challenge for Scrap Africa already and they just get better and more popular with time ! Marelize is our challenge host and this is what she asks of us...

"My challenge for you is to create a background with a patchwork effect, 
whether it's achieved by using paper piecing or any other medium you like."



This is my take on the challenge. I chose to do my patchwork effect by masking and misting and some needle work...



I used  sketch nr 63 from  Keeping-the-Best, they have amazing sketches and page designs and I would love to use them more often! My papers are from Maja Design's Vintage Summer Basic collection, 1905, 1911, 1933, 1943. To achieve the patchwork effect I cut a stencil with my Cameo and used that together with various Lindy's Stampgang Mist's. I also did some stamping with a Prima and a Tim Holtz stamp using Archival inks Sepia and Jet black. I used Archival inks to prevent the ink from running when I use my mists.



I love adding different textures to my pages lately and colouring my Texture Paste is super easy using Lindy's Mica's ...Here I mixed a knife point of the following colours, Oak Leaf Olive and Autumn Plum from the Harvest Moon collection into two small blups of paste and applied it through a script stencil.




I prepared my background with a thin layer of Gesso before applying the mists, the result is even more depth and texture from the mists. I used the following Starburst colours...




I love the amount of shimmer one gets from the mists...such fun to move the page and catch all the shimmer and shine!



Enough nooks and crannies on this fairy from Prima to catch all the misty goodness as well.




I know, not the best of photos with the shadow, but I want to show the glimmer of the mist.



I cut this from Donna Salazar's Crafty Chronicle...



My handmade flower...nestled between some Prima flowers and an added Sipper-pull.



A last view of the Texture Paste masking. Please remember that you can double click on my photos for a closer zoomed view.

Our sponsor of 6 rolls Washi Tape is the South African distributor of Japanese Washi  








I leave you today with this thought, thank you for taking the time to visit my ramblings!!!

 Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
 and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
 Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 Buddha

6 comments:

  1. OH wow your layout is stunning, i love the diamond pattern with the stitching.. beautiful cluster also, and what a lovely sketch too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout Patricia. Love the background with the stitching and the script stencil, really gorgeous. Beautiful design and beautiful colours too. ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. what amazing work...thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created a stunning page, as usual Patricia! I love the styling, the beautiful details and your sewing! Simply stunning in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful page - as always - Love the handmade flower too it is so pretty. Love that there are just so many little details on your layouts. Stunning lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Patricia! this is absolutely stunning! love love love your background work with all the different mists and the sewing, truly striking! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...