Saturday, July 27, 2013

The World of Reality








Good evening on this Saturday evening...I hope you are all comfortable for this is going to be a bit of a lengthy post today...! Yes, I am...applying for the Lindy's Stampgang DT call...lol...But this call and challenge has had me on a roller-coaster of emotions these past few weeks.

As most of you must know by now, I nowadays love working with Lindy's Stampgang mists, after being introduced to it by a fellow scrapper, I must have ordered three times already...and always thought, the day the Gang has a DT call...I would love to apply...Imagine my excitement then when I saw the call on Face book, Yeah!!! But after reading the requirements and seeing that you have to be doing video tutorials, excitement turned into disappointment for I do not do videos...Then, after voicing my disappointment, excitement flared again when it was said that if one could Wow the Gang with ones writing and photography skills you are welcome to apply. Yeah again!!!

 Now this DT call is different than any other I have done so far, it is an 'open' call. Well I call it that, for you have to enter the colour challenge and post it on your blog, meaning that all can see you are applying and likewise you can see the entries that are posted, also applying. This is were I nearly called it a day, for seeing the work that is offered made me think, no ways do I stand any chance of ever making the Team. It took me a few days and a lot of soul searching to come to the conclusion that I have to present the kind of work that I do, and yes, it is so different from the fantastic Mixed Media work that is so popular these days, but this is who I am and how I work...I do love to use different media and techniques but I still love my work to be neat and a little organized. I also get overwhelmed with the talent on the blogs and Pinterest and wish I could work like that, but also know that it would no be the true me. I love to use the LSG products to enchant my papers and embellishments and that is so easy with the subtle shimmer and glitz of their products. I am always willing to learn and experiment and should I be so fortunate to make the Team, that is what I would do. And if I don't make it, well, then there is always a next time, and I will be a great follower of all the new talent!

Are you still with me...hope so, for after all this rambling I would love to show you what I created for the challenge and also explain a few techniques that I used...These photos are of Michelle not even one year old way back in 1990!!!

(Please remember you can double click on my photos for a much closer look if you'd wish too...) 



I used Prima Papers, Lyric Collection: Prelude
                                                            Overture
                                                           Premier
                     Fairy Rhymes Collection: Papillon
                   Flowers from Prima and Petaloo
Bling from Prima
Chipboard is Imaginarium Designs: Double Oval Frame
I sprayed some Starburst Cape Cod Coral onto the background paper and also did some stamping with the mist using Moonshadow Mist Landlubber Green.



One of the things I love to do is make my paper move, here I cut strips and curled them before gluing them down, lets imagine it representing the water Michelle is playing with shall we?



Here I got carried away with my mists!!! I wanted a more softer look and should have stopped at two coatings of spray...But I had the background masked off and could not judge the density of the colour, not to bad, but it could have been a little lighter...I achieved this look by applying a coarse Texture Paste to the papers, when air dried, I misted with LSG Starburst Baby Blue eyes. I heat set each layer before applying the next one. I also did a little stencilling using Texture Paste coloured with Indian SummerTurquoise Mica powder from the Harvest Moon Collection.



In this photo you can also see the two toned effect from the Moon Shadow mist...I just love the vintage feel of the brown undertone together with a coloured shimmer that comes to light when the page is moved...





I wish I could truly capture the beauty of the embossing on this Dragonfly! After a coating of Gesso, I applied Coarse Texture Paste to the body and wing outline of the Dragonfly...When dry, I stamped clear embossing ink onto it and heat embossed with Angel Wings Peacock embossing powder. If you click on the link, you will be taken to a product description with a beautiful image of what the product looks like.






~~~
For good measure I made a Tag using the same techniques but with a lighter spray of misting... just for fun!





This was more of the look I would have wanted on the LO as well.

~~~
The following are some 'behind the scene' photos...


The Dragonfly with the layer of coarse Texture paste, before the embossing powder.




The frames were firstly gesso'd, then painted with an off white coloured acrylic paint and once dried I painted them with a coat of Starburst Clam Bake Beige, as can be seen on the smaller frame in the photo. On small surfaces, I prefer to paint the sprays with a paintbrush so as to not have to much going to waste, easier to control as well were I want the colour to be. The inside flourish was painted with the Starburst Baby Blue Eyes as well. 



Have you ever used spray mists to stamp with? Why not give it a try...I simply spray some mist onto my craft sheet and drag my stamp through it. The result is a water paint effect. It works best on bolder images...I usually mop the spray left over with a Tag or piece of card board for future use, as I did with the Tag I made.



This is the result of my stamping with the Moon Shadow Mist Landlubber Green.



A look at the coarse Texture Paste effect before I sprayed the mists onto it.



Still with me? Thank you for sticking with me through this very long blog post... I do hope you enjoyed it though. If you don't know Lindy's products, why not visit their Shop and also the blog for some inspiration. 
Good night, till next time....


Courage doesn't always roar. 
 Sometimes courage is the little voice
 at the end of the day that says
 I'll try again tomorrow. 

 ~Mary Anne Radmacher~

13 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!!! Your work is inspiring!!! Love your blog!!! Jy is insprasie in aksie!!! Groete,my vriendin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work! I did the color challenge but didn't thinki had a hope for the Lindys DT so didn't actually apply! I really hope you make the team! Gorgeous work, especially that stunning dragonfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Patricia - as always!!!. Thanks for the look behind the scenes. It is really interesting to see how you do all the pretty things on you page. Good luck with the DT Call. You go Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such wonderful creations, your layout is stunning with so many techniques you have used, and very pretty tag as well.. all the best with your application!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck Patricia! the techniques are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely as always. LOVE that stamp. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Patricia, a really gorgeous page. Love the techniques used and such clear descriptions of how you did them. Good luck with the DT application, you deserve to be chosen. Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really stunning, If anyone deserves to be on the DT it is you. You use there products alot and design the most beautiful things Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great! Beautiful explanation and detail of your work :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing detail. You did such an amazing job! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an amazing job with the sprays. Love the textures you got with the coarse texture paste. And I love the paper folds...such a cool visual effect.

    All the best for the call.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is just divine....so many gorgeous details and effects! Just stunning! I really hold thumbs for you! Your own style and creativity will surely open doors for you...I just know it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Awesome page! I love all the texture, the way you framed your photos and the super cool paper curls. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...