Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Days to Remember - Scrap Africa Sketch # 19

This week sees the reveal at Scrap Africa of another stunning sketch by Evgenia Petzer...I chose to once again scrap photos of Balkie as we are nearing the first anniversary of his journey over the rainbow bridge last year this time. Still miss the little rascal...lol!



I used Maja Design Papers...from the Vintage Spring Basics collection, 9th of March and 1st and 4th of April. I cut an image with my Silhouette Cameo and used it as a mask for my texture paint. Whilst the paint was still wet and with the mask in place, I misted my page with Frosted Forget-Me-Nots and Gregarious Grey from Lindy's Stamp Gang...



I did some stitching and beading and added some lace to my layers.



A little fussy cut Bird and Butterfly and Die cut branches and blooms...All still from the Maja papers.






A gorgeous hand made flower and some trim from my Dutch friend Ingrid Gooyer...The clock trinket was painted with gesso and a little blue paint.



The Cat tail Die is from Spellbinders...and the resin corners are from Prima.


This is the sketch to follow...




Our prize is from Fabscraps






And we have these beautiful Stencils as an extra prize!



Thank you for visiting my Blog...and as always I hope to see many of you take part in our sketch challenge!

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him
 and not only will he not scold you, 
but he will make a fool of himself too. 
 ~Samuel Butler~

8 comments:

  1. Lovely LO Patricia. I love the beading and stitching, the colours, the photos, the interpretation of the sketch, the..... Ok I just simply love the LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Patricia; I keep staring at it and finding new little elements. I really love the muted colours of this piece. And I know how awful it is to lose a fur baby. They creep so easily into our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout Patricia. Beautiful, subtle colours and gorgeous layering too. Love it! ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and so clever the way you used that cattail die. I have looked at it before and wondered how I could use it. I know now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just utterly fantastic Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very cute, love all the details! great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this page Patricia! It is so sweet and gentle and just fabulous in every way! Your layering and colouring and little fab details, really make this page special! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will always miss our fur babies no matter how many years pass. This is just so delicate and delightful! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...