Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Art Journal

I'm not some one who jumps on the trend band wagon from the word go...I tend to take my time, trying to figure whether I will like doing some thing and more important, will I be able to do it...And in that lies my down fall many-a-times! Not always being very confidant in what I do and my worst critic, makes me miss out on fun adventures sometimes...

Like Art Journalling...Once I decided to try my hand at it, it took me at least two weeks of 'studying' Art Journals on Blogger and Pinterest and only after shouting out for some encouragement from my Face Book friends was I able to take that first step. And of course, the first page made it's way into the trash can!!! Going about it a little different with this page, I am making progress, so much that I can even confess that I actually like this page a lot. I'm busy with the front page and must admit that I can see me stretching my 'artistic' wings somewhat in that I am trying different techniques and using my supplies as well. I am only hoping that this exercise will also help me get over my fear of writing...not fear so much as reluctance to putting my thoughts onto paper!



After applying Gesso and some Textured Gel medium, I coloured the page with Distress Stains in Squeezed Lemonade,  Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade.



Did some stencilling with Texture Paint, stamping and more inking.





Took my title from what my Face Book friends told me!



Inked some thin chipboard pieces to create some stems and flowers...

I will not bore you with every single page I make...just the ones that are really worthwhile. Thank you for kind comments and words of encouragements...It means the world to me...

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.
  ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross~

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Just bought my first art journal...this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this!! Cannot believe it is your first. You may not have been confident about Art Journalling but you are very, very good at it. I love this page Patricia ... wish I could have done as well. It is beautiful!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Patricia...such a beautiful and uplifting cover! May every page you do, be filled with happiness, inspiration, creativity and "all Patricia" fabulosity! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is stunning! loads of texture and love the colors and the quote is one we all should have as our motto for creating.. too much thought and not enough creating for me somedays I think.. I look forward to seeing more of your art creating..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...