Monday, September 2, 2013

Thank You card / Sketch 21 Scrap Africa

Although I created this card for sketch challenge nr 21 hosted by Scrap Africa...I want to dedicate it to all of the friends who faithfully follow my blog and especially those that leave me a little comment and words of encouragement! I am not going to make any exceptions, but please know that it warms my heart each time I receive an e.mail notification that I have a comment waiting for me...I truly appreciate every single comment from you all...



I used Pion Design papers, Alma's Sewing Room and Studio of Memories. The doily is Die-cut with Spellbinders Venetian Motifs, and I also used Sizzex Alterations Pediments. The foliage is a Marianne Die-cut.
                        




My layers are given definition and lift with foam circles. Also did a little hand stitching.






Don't ask why, but the German version of Thank You just felt right for me, maybe it suited the European papers best?



The backside was not forgotten and also got some treatment...
~~~

The sketch to follow...


A gift from Evgenia Petzer...


And one from Denise van Deventer...




Gratitude is the music of the heart,
when its chords are swept by the breeze of kindness.  
~Author Unknown~

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! And I know exactly what you mean about the emails. I love getting them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous lady... I will send you my address in time for my birthday... just giving you a little heads up :D :D I feel the same way about the comments and all... Makes it that much more worthwhile... not like you are just doing it for nothing... SO, know that I love your blog and your work and and and :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and elegant Patricia...wow...you really are amazing with paper! Love the softness and of course your fabulous detailing always! You are certainly a creator of note! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. It is so girlie and soft. Would be over the moon if I get a card like this for my birthday. And yes, I think we all enjoy comments, so yes, it is gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and your interpretation of the sketch. i agree Danke sounds so much nicer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! So soft and pretty and your interpretation of the sketch is magic ... and yes, we all love the comments don't we. It's always nice to know that someone else thinks what we make is pretty ... and I love coming here to your blog because your art is amazing!!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...