Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Secret Garden...a Card for Tresors de Luxe

I am so fortunate to be on Lucy's DT for Tresors de Luxe !!! The sheer beauty and quality of her products are beyond words...Every one should order lace and flowers from her at least once in their Scrapping career, just to experience the carefully wrapped laces in their individual tissue paper parcels and each flower neatly packed in sip lock bags...Have a look at her YouTube Design Team's reveals and see what I mean!



For today's project I created a birthday card for my mother who turned 74 last week. I call it a Secret Garden for it has a flap that reveals some more laces and designs when lifted. It's a romantic, whimsical card and I loved making it.

I used the following Prima Papers for it,
Tea-Thyme Collection: Linsey
Lyric Collection: Overture, Pacato



The inside with the flap lifted.





Some side views trying to show the flap part of the card with the Tresore flowers and lace appliqués showing through...



I did some inside punching to create the punched circles. I stamped a crackle image on a piece of transparency with clear embossing ink and embossed it with Spring Leaf Chartreuse EP from Lindy's Stampgang. I also did some stencilling with texture paste.




In this shot you will see the little bird house and bird and the lace appliqué peeping through my transparency window...



I just love these Ivory Velvet and Rhinestone flowers from Lucy and will have to place an order for more of them...They are cream coloured but I needed them a little darker and achieved that by misting them with Clam Baked Beige Starbursts from Lindy's...They took to the colour beautifully! I cut a piece of Ivory Guipure lace into appliqués and placed them behind my flower. That is another trademark of most of Lucy's laces...they can be used as a whole, but can also be cut into the most wonderful appliqués, giving one more use of them.






I took one flower for the inside, pulled it apart and after colouring it, made it into two flowers placing them in the corners. Theses are the bottom two layers...





...and these the top three layers of the flower. Some Die-cut leaves and flourishes and a metal embellishment that was coloured with Distress Paints finish this Secret Garden of mine...

~~~~~


Ivory Velvet and Rhinestone Flower
FL 001



Ivory Guipure Venice Lace
LA 106

Thank you all for your visit...And do take the time to visit the Tresors de Luxe Etsy Shop and be amazed at the wonderful lace, flowers and newly added Bling Embellishments! 


No painter's brush, nor poet's pen
In justice to her fame
Has ever reached half high enough
To write a mother's name.
~Author Unknown~

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! Love the Tresors flowers and lace and all your gorgeous layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly GORGEOUS!!! So Very Creative!!! Love Love LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Patricia this is exquisite!!! So gorgeous and unique. Absolutely adore this card!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow there is a lot of love in this card, and the lace is exquisite!! really beautiful card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So layerliciously magical!! I am in love with that design~gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Patricia... this is just exquisite. Your mom is going to be over the moon. I love all the layers and the lace and flowers are just beautiful. Fab work my friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsers...this is just stunning Patricia! Your Mom is a lucky lady! So many super details and layering....just divine in everyway! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a beautiful project! Love all the layers and detail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...