Sunday, May 18, 2014

Breath...Scraps of Elegance " Cape May Holiday" Kit

The May kit that Melinda Kelly put together for us at Scraps of Elegance was once again packed with the most amazing papers and embellishments...One of the paper collections featured is the new Prima Seashore collection, and that is what I used for this page.
This is a photo of me ~really~ taken when we went Ocean Walking during our vacation on Mauritius in 2007.



I used two sheets from the Seashore Collection 'Sea Shell', Different flowers from the Main kit and the Flower Add-on, products from the Creativity Add-on and ATC cards from the Embellishment Add-on. From my own stash I used a Prima Say in in Pearls flourish and some wooden flower, leaves and frame.



The frame was coloured with the Prima Colour Blooms from the Colour Add-on, the title was cut from the backing paper of one of the flower packs...the Die-cuts were cut from some of the ATC's.



I used the Seashore clear stamp to create the border...I inked just the corners, or just the straight lines and also used the adorable shell stamp as a focus point. I coloured the white Pearls with some Victorian Velvet Distress Paint and a little Fired brick.



The leaves were colored with the Glistening Waves Color Bloom and a little Tea Stain was painted on as well...I also dabbed a little of the Natural Sand Texture Gel onto them. The idea to place them as sea-grass came from my daughter Chantelle...clever girl yes?



I had so much fun creating the background...All because of the gorgeous products in the Creative Add-on...I am posting some close ups and details at the end...



I must admit that receiving a piece of cheesecloth was the highlight of my kit...for some reason our local haberdashery doesn't know what cheesecloth is, hence I have been using surgical gauss. And Melinda has been so generous, I will be using this for many projects still...!



Some more of the small stamps that are in the stamp set, and tags from the 'Tag Me' package.





To follow, some close-ups and techniques on how I prepared my background...



After applying and drying some gesso to the page, I sprayed Glistening Waves Color Bloom onto the page. With the Catalyst brush I attempted to create waves, but instead the mist formed these bubble like shapes...which in the end I loved more than the wave idea..The Peony Mist I applied with a brush through a stencil, also resulting in a different texture then what I set out for. 



I used all three the mists to create some spatters as well.



Awesome colour and texture achieved with the Natural Sand Texture Gel and the Tea Stain Mist.



I applied the gel and Tea Stain mist directly to the page and used the brush to mix it and create the waves. For the Blue waves I did the mixing on a piece of scrap and then brushed it onto the page.





The page before I covered some of the goodness with my photo and embellishments...

Thank you for your time...remember to visit The Scrap of Elegance sites, and do subscribe if you are interested in the kits...they really do sell like Hotcakes!!!


 Scrap of Elecance/Darkness Blog
 Scraps of Elegance Facebook Page
 Scraps of Elegance Kits and Add-ons

 Inhale, and God approaches you. 
 Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you.
 Exhale, and you approach God. 
 Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God.
 ~Krishnamacharya~

3 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful.. I love your back ground it feels like an extension of your watery photo.. clever title too seeing the photo is taken under water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing background. Such cool papers..love this one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant page!!! Love the whole underwater look, it is awesome!! Loved seeing how your created that fantastic background too ... great tips!! A very clever and stunning page!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...