Saturday, May 17, 2014

Family - May Once upon A...Sketch

I have been absent from my Blog for a while...apologies therefore, but am back now to share some of my latest pages with you all!
First up is this page created for the May challenge at Once upon A...Sketch. I had it created in time, but with all the happenings I did not get to posting it on the challenge site.
Our journalling theme this month is 'Anything goes' 



This photo is one of the rare ones of my Mother's family taken in early 1944. I used papers from Jodie Lee's Princess Collection Kit from Prima for this page. This is such a beautiful range, being a little Girly Grunge and Shabby Chic all in one.



My clock-hand was inked and embossed with a little random UTEE



Some Prima flowers and a new resin Oval Frame.



I did some stamping using a Script and Diamond stamp, also from Prima.




As I said, this photo was taken early in 1944, In the back row is my Onkel Heinz, Grandmother Maria, Grandfather Wilhelm, Tante Trude. Then the twins, Onkel Willi and Tante Wilhelmine. The little sweety in front is my Mother Mariliese. My hidden journalling is about the following obituary...

" Im jugendichen Alter von 10 jahren wurde Wilhelmine Beuel auf Gut Neuenhof bei Nideggen am 12 Dezember 1944 ein Opfer des Krieges."

As this was World War 2, my GP farm was commanded by German soldiers. My mother often tells us tales of the time she grew up with the sound of sirens and bomber planes flying overhead...a soldier was allocated to each child to make sure they made it to the bunkers in time whenever the sirens were sound. On this fateful day, after another bomb attack, Wilhelmine aged 10, went out after the all clear was given,but a young German soldier, merely a child himself, lying in the trenches, lost his head in the madness and shot and killed her. My mother used to tell us that when my Grand father got the news of her death, his hair turned white overnight from the shock. 



To create this beautiful texture on the 2 Crafty Chipboard, I dabbed a thick layer of Bundled Sage Distress Paint on the leaves and stems, and Victorian Velvet on the flowers and gave it a close blast with my heatgun in order for the paint to bubble. I also painted some Lindy's Stampgang Ghostly Gargoyle White onto it for a little shimmer.



Loving the new Prima Doily Stickers.





Another piece of 2 Crafty Chipboard and a Prima Clock hand.
~~~~

There is still time enough to create a page using the gorgeous sketch by Nadia Cannizzo and enter the 'Anything goes' theme...


Thank you for your visit...

~~~
If people want to make war they should make a color war,
 and paint each others' cities up in the night in pinks and greens.
 ~ Yoko Ono ~

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Patricia! fabulous vintage pic! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow again!!! This page is amazing Patricia!! Fabulous photo and beautifully showcased. Love the colours and all the gorgeous elements and you know how much I love the torn papers ... awsesome!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, gorgeous textures, love the doiley, and precious photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout. Great photo too.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful if not tragic piece of history recorded for ever on this beautiful vintage layout. Stunning Patricia x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...