Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Let the Sea set you Free...SOE May Kit

How fortunate for me that my youngest daughter went away for a short Sea break recently...resulting in a perfect picture to use with some of the items in the gorgeous 'Cape May Holiday' kit from Scraps of Elegance...



I used Sun Chaser from the Kaisercraft Paradiso collection as my base, several of the 7 Gypsies Maritime collection as well as some of the Journal Tags and pages for matting.



I used the Kaisercraft Checker Plate template together with my Spritser and Black Soot Distress marker to create the background. Also did some stamping and used the Liquitex Acrylic paint through a Prima stencil to create the cracked texture.



In the main kit we had three Capiz Shells...I coloured mine with a few drops of alcohol inks. Really love the fragile look of these pieces of shell...



A butterfly from Renea Bouquets, Resin embellishments from Melissa Frances and Prima and Petaloo flowers.



I distressed a piece of the ribbon from the Embellishment Add-on.





Some micro beads and cheesecloth for added texture. 
Thank you for strolling through my post...

"Take your shoes off,"
 purred the ocean waves.
~ Dr. SunWolf ~

6 comments:

  1. Love this brachytherapy layout... Seems like forever that I have seen a layout from you... So a real treat to see this one

    Love those shell thugs to they are so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. love that photo and love your details on this layout too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome beach page Patricia!! love the textures and the sandals looks fabulous....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! This is beautiful. I just love all the details. Wish I was there.
    Hugs
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful texture to this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've popped over from Heather's recent blog post...such gorgeous creations here! I love your use of texture & layers. Haha I'm admiring the microbeads on this layout...just used them myself & I swear there are more rolling around my room than on the layout ;) Such lovely details!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...