Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crafti Treasure's Challenge

Hi to all my friends!
This is a LO I made for a challenge hosted by Mariaan Fouche, a fellow Panel Team Lady at Crafti Treasures. Now Crafti is a site hosted by a South African lady who currently lives in Bern,Switzerland. Mariaan's challenge was to use only Black and White and one other color on your LO. I used a brick red as my third color and was fortunate enough to have photos of Michelle wearing Black and White!!!  These photos are of her Hip Hop dance which earned her a spot on the South African Team that went to New York in 2006 were she competed in several dance styles!
I also want to enter this LO in our local Magazine's competition were one has to use at least three Tim Holtz products. That was quite easy to do as I am a devoted Timmy fan!!! So here goes.



To follow some close ups of some of the elements I used...

This is a chippie from Enmarc Crafts...I treated it to the resist stamping method by Mr. Tim himself. The wire flower I bought whilst we were on holiday last year July at a neat little gift shop in the tiny town of Willowmore. The spinner is also from TH.



Here I used a TH Hitch Fastener to hold the TH Ball Chain.The music sheet is TH tissue wrap-Composer. I crumpled it and gave it a swipe with my Fired Brick Distress ink.



The TH hanging sign was moistened with water and curled some. Then I painted it black and dusted some Forever Red Perfect Pearls Powder onto it. The title is wooden letters painted white and stamped...with a TH stamp of course!!!



The button was stamped and then covered with TH Crackle Paint -Clear Rock Candy.



The black paper is from Coredinations with a white core...I embossed it with a TH /Sizzix folder and sanded it for the white core to really stand out. The stamped image on my red Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper Stash paper is a TH Slight Alterations Stamp-with Black Soot Distress ink. And the tiny staplers are also TH...They were colored with Alcohol Inks.



All my chalking was done with Distressed Inks- Black Soot and Fired Brick.



That's it for this posting...Thank you if you took the time to have a visit...I would appreciate knowing you were here!!!
~~~ Patricia ~~~

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, this is just gorgeous, Patricia! Those photos are wonderful, and your page is amazing! Love the lacing and all those eyelets marching up the page--adds such beautiful detail! Fab job with all the inking and textural details. Good luck with the competition! A winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baie, baie pragtig Patrysie!!! *alma gat lekker afkyk! ;-)* ek kry deesdae nie tyd vir 'blogging' nie en dit maak my omgekrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous LO!! Love all your wonderful attention to detail - that wire flower is such a perfect accent for this LO!! Thanks for taking the time to share the details! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, thanks for sharing, I love the 'flower', so many little details, truly an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...