Friday, February 15, 2013

Scrap Africa ~Challenge #14...Hearts...

It being the month of Love, it comes as no surprise that the challenge hosted by Lynette Jacobs is all about hearts, she challenged us to create a project where hearts are your main accent. Looking at what the Design Team and Guest Designers created, I think that Love is still very much in the air for us all!!! Hop on over to Scrap Africa and please join us in this challenge! 

I created a card and a Mixed Media canvas for this challenge...


For this card I used the Heartfelt Creation Timeless Amour Die and followed this tutorial to create this dimensional heart decoration!



The pearl flourishes are from Prima...



Now onto my canvas...Lol...yes, I know it is a far cry from all the beautiful canvas work being done nowadays...but a girl has to start somewhere yes? I did not know whether I will like this kind of  work, and after this I can say...Yes, I will try this again for sure! Will just have to go and re-watch some videos for more tips and ideas!



This canvas was inspired by a lovely artist, Vivian Sung Soon Keh who's work and video tutorials are very inspiring! She does amazing art with her glue gun...now I gave up on that one, for my glue gun does not give me the same results as she has on her canvasses! I opted to stamp with clear UTEE , and that gave me a result that I am quite happy with...



I just love the effect of the stamping of the back ground together with the embossed Butterfly...



This is were Vivian would do magic with the glue gun creating nooks and crannies for the ink to nestle in. But see how pretty the embossed looks? I also did some stencilling with a Prima mask and  texture paint.



The hearts are super grunged with texture paint, inks, beads and UTEE embossing.






I used Tim Holtz tissue tape to create texture together with the UTEE stamped image to give the mists from Lindys Stampgang place to nestle and shimmer and shine in!



I also sprinkled some Diamond glitter onto the texture paint...more shimmer and shine...!



These then are my "Heart" creations...Hope you enjoy them as much as I did creating them...

“We don't make mistakes, 
just happy little accidents.” 
― Bob Ross



Hope you will join in the challenge, you have until the 28th Feb to participate and stand a chance to win one of these prices... 



2 Scrap kits




 And then we also have this little bag of gems! They would be the perfect, finishing touches to any project!




8 comments:

  1. wooooow just stunning as always! love all of the layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, vir iemand wat haar eerste Canvas gedoen het, al wat ek kan sê is Respek!!!!!!
    Dit is regtig baie mooi gedoen. Doen so voort.
    Liefde groete
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear :) .
    Great blog. Interesting post.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Welcome to my blog.
    http://photographyismyexistence.blogspot.com/

    Like me on Facebook. I will be extremely grateful.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-another-light/413836138693856

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow love this card. Amazing use of hearts. Might just have to join!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are stunning girl! Love them both! You are so very talented and creative!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your projects are lovely, but I especially love the delicately beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects!! Have a good day, Channa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...