Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The me I see each day....

Prima February Build a Page.

This LO laid on my table for a few days because it just did not want to work! And I just came to realise again that I have trouble making a Doily work....for that was the issue, I had cut a Doily from a sheet of paper, flipped it around, painted it, slammed texture onto it...and only when I took it away, did I like what I was doing! Therefore this BAP from Prima has all the elements from the sketch....all except the Doily....!



I took this picture of a mirror / sculpture in 2011 during a vacation for I loved the texture and layers that it had, and because it was hanging in a narrow passageway...I was also captured in the picture...lol!




I coloured a piece of wire mesh with alcohol inks, it represents the chicken wire on the sculpture.



Did some stamping and inking and used a Prima mask for some texture work...




The Epiphany Crafts Bubbles are representing the circles on the sketch. The pieces of wood are of course highlighting the woodwork of the sculpture. 








I tried to get some flowing movement with my paper layers...



I used the following Prima products...
                        Nature Garden Collection: Pixie
                    Printery collection: Signature
              Say it with crystals Lace
Say it in Pearls
 A Cassie flower
                            Juliette and Miss Godivas flowers.
             Wooden element Doors


You see, when weaving a blanket, 
an Indian woman leaves a flaw in the weaving of that blanket to let the soul out.  ~Martha Graham


This is the sketch by Marie-Nicolas Alliot










5 comments:

  1. try using pieces of the doily, not the whole thing, it can be a bit overpowering. That works for me. Love the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Patricia, with all the wonderful details! Really super! ;-) Just love the different textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning patricia so glad you are playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous Patricia...personally I love the pieces of wood on your page and I love the textured masking and the bubbles...they are too cute!! This page talks to me...love it!!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my Patricia...this is simply gorgeous!!! love all the textures, esp.the small pieces of wood! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...