Sunday, August 4, 2013

Call me...


Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge # 20

It's Sunday, I'm uninspired, suppose it's a good time to get this blog written and posted before the challenge ends at the 14th of August...!

It's sketch time again at Scrap Africa and what a beautiful sketch it is... Hope you will all join us again for this one. I also used the image of Hugh Jackman for the You show me Your's challenge.

( If you want an even closer look at Hugh, please feel free to double click on my photos)



The papers I used this time are,
Authentique: Renew, Foundation Two
     BoBunny: Weekend Market Study
                          Weekend Market Baggage



I achieved the Barb wire effect on the back ground by stamping with clear ink and clear Embossing Powder. I then coloured the paper with the following Distress Paints from Tim Holtz: Broken China' Forest Moss and Walnut Stain. The blue ink spatters are of course Lindy's Stampgang Buccaneer Bay Blue.



For some added texture I scattered  a little Stampendous Aged Teal Embossing Enamel onto the page and heat set it with my heat gun...love the golden and silver speckles in it!



I felt that the manly Mr Hugh did not need flowers on his page, thus I opted to give him some earth ware pots filled with designer's branches and alcohol ink coloured glass pebbles! The frame was inked with some alcohol and LSG Buccaneer Bay Blue mist. The metal phone was also inked with some of the Distress Paint left on my craft sheet after inking the background.








This look is achieved by inking the chippie with Driftwood Chox from Mix'd Media Inx and Pumice Stone Distress Ink and some random Stampendous enamel.



I adhered a piece of foil to some grunge board, inked it with several colours of alcohol inks and used a Tim Holtz Alteration Die, On the Fence, to cut this fence from.
~~~



This is how I inked the back ground... Dabbed the paint onto my craft sheet, added some water and mixed it a bit and then swiped the paper through this mixture. 




The effect of the alcohol inks on the foil...



~~~

These are the other girls playing along with the "You Sow me Yours" challenge...


~~~

And just on a last note...I was unfortunately not chosen to be on the Lindy's Stampgang Design Team...I want to thank every one who left me a comment on that post, it was quite heart warming to read the support and encouragement from you...Thank you friends...

9 comments:

  1. Love it! (uhmm, u have his no?....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be disheartened about not getting on the team...use your time to do stuff for you and for the love of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have tripled clicked on your photo to try and bring it up as large as possible!!hehe! What a wonderful layout too, fabulous textures and colors, love the chicken wire, and love the little phone and title.. I have met his lovely wife very briefly, what a lucky woman!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super page Patricia...you always add so many gorgeous details...it's really always amazing to me! You have such a beautiful and wonderful style...don't ever forget that or diminish it with a "NO" from a DT application! ;-) Take heart...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Patricia this is magic!!!! What a fabulous page. Of course, having Hugh as main focus did help just a little tiny bit! hehe. Love the background, how I wish I was able to get such deliciousness from a bit of paint. Also love the fence and the pots and the telephone and ... just everything!!! Totally stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia this is n amazing layout. i absolutely love the mixed media here! Everything has blended it so nicely. The details are amazing. But I wanted to also thank you for leaving the lovely comment on my blog.. you know.. It takes time to write 2 words , let alone a whole paragraph that you did and we are ALL busy and we all have things to do, so I really DO appreciate what you said. THANK YOU very much.I really appreciate you visiting me :) Take care and have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a magical masculine page...and that photo is just WOW. Amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Miss P. this is beyond magnificent , just like Hugh .. hey wouldn't it be amazing if he did call !!! he he he x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is beautiful and I like the humor of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...