Thursday, August 22, 2013

I will never Forget...

Good evening Blog friends...

Today's post is going to be a short one just explaining some of what I did on this LO ... The reason is that today I can feel the pain of Fibromyalgia creeping up good and solid again...Won't bore you with it, sufficient to say that shoulders, arms and hands are hurting, and mind not working...lol!

These photos are of Michelle end of 2005 after achieving her National colours in Dancing resulting in our trip to New York where she competed in several dance items. What makes her achievements even more worth while is the fact that she at the age of 15 choreographed her own dances and designed her costumes...I just had the honour of doing the sequence work on them...and this is the journal point of this LO...

"I will never forget...the hours spend working on thousand of sequences and mini beads onto your costumes! I so enjoyed sitting at rehearsals with my containers full of beads and sequences, watching you and your fellow dances perfecting routines... What I did not enjoy, was when those containers fell from my lap and we had to scavenge the floors picking up beads...I can still see me and the other Mums and kiddies hunting the floors for beads...such good memories! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do all your costumes for you..."





I used some Imaginarium Design chipboard elements, Mirrored Bracket Frame and Clock and Compass. They were inked with  Distress Embossing Ink and dusted with several colours of Perfect Pearls.







I added a flower and some Crystals from Zva Creative.





I did some distressing of my papers with several punches and added some fibres to the LO.




This is the sketch for August...


Till a next time
Keep well
Patricia....

8 comments:

  1. Wonderlike prestasie...Wow! Jou layout is stunning, love the kleure en fotos en jy is vrek goed met die embossing. En daai wolletjie wat jy geryg het, ek love dit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came so pretty! I love the colors :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! The textures on your chipboard pieces and all the layers look fabulous.. and I hope you are doing as well as you can be...take care..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous layout Patricia!! Love the colour of your background paper and the way you edged it is just spectacular. Love the textures and the layers and just love the way you put it all together. Awesome!! So sorry you are not feeling very good and do so hope that it will soon pass. Take care and God Bless. ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Patricia...love the autumn colours, and those stunning photo's of your daughter! Love the chippies and punched edges...such beautiful details, as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Patricia!! love the colors and details. So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well I understand you, I know how painful it is, I hope you are feeling better..Take care!xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was scrolling through your posts trying to find this one, so that I could tell you how much I love it! I love oranges and browns and you definetly rocked some of my FAV colors on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know how I missed this one but I did :( I saw the layout on FB but not here :( how gorgeous is her costume. You are one clever mommy I did one costume for my DD when she was in about std 3 she made the national team for synchronised swimming and had to have a beaded swimsuit... I hated all those sequins and mini bead and swore never again :) The dramatic colours of the layout match her beautiful costume perfectly. I am not surprised that she has such talent look at her mommy. Just different artistic fields... Congratulations to her... xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...